Cfa after ca

Hi everyone

I recently cleared my CA final in May 17 and joined EY Mumbai Assurance (Statutory Audit) team. I am keenly intrested in Investment and finance Sector but the lack of opportunity and other conditions lead me in joining this.Shuold I prepare for MBA or CFA  so that i can land a good job in Equity analysis or investment banking sector as my strong area is Financial management,Costing and Taxation. What Should I do??

Hi Raunak, You can find answer in your query itself! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Follow your intuition. Go with CFA. All the best.

CFA is a good Course... u may go with it

Finance Professional

These two courses - CA and CFA have tremendous scope individually as well as when done together.

It's an excellent combination to have particularly in India.

As you are looking for a career in Investment Banks / Mutual Funds / Banks etc. This will be the best combination. And if you can add MBA from some good college to it. That will make your career like a cake walk. You will be having a career start that people think of after 7-10 years of experience.  

CA has a very good acceptance in India and CFA is the cherry on the topping if you want to get into any companies that are doing anything related to analysis, research and portfolio management.

Good luck! 

Total likes : 1 times

You can also opt for a CFA after completing your CA because a combination of CFA and C.A can give you more insight in the corporate world. The course structure in C.A is varied and covers subjects like accountancy, taxation, costing and law.

In comparison to C.A, CFA includes an entire curriculum on finance while CA only contains a subject in finance. CFA is a globally recognized degree and the exams take place all over the world. There is more depth of finance in CFA than an MBA or a C.A.

Also after completing CFA in India, a lot of avenues open in terms of job prospects. You can work in the finance dept. of a company or in the risk dept., you can also work as an equity analyst, investment manager, portfolio manager, forensic auditor, etc. Mutual fund houses, private equity houses and hedge funds also employ a lot of CFAs.

However, to get an unbiased and experienced opinion on this topic, watch these videos below of Aswini Bajaj who is a trainer, global consultant in delivering lectures on finance and a public speaker.

CFA - ASWINI BAJAJ

You can opt for a CFA after completing your CA because a combination of CFA and C.A can give you more insight in the corporate world. The course structure in C.A is varied and covers subjects like accountancy, taxation, costing and law.

In comparison to C.A, CFA includes an entire curriculum on finance while CA only contains a subject in finance. CFA is a globally recognized degree and the exams take place all over the world. There is more depth of finance in CFA than an MBA or a C.A.

Also after completing CFA in India, a lot of avenues open in terms of job prospects. You can work in the finance dept. of a company or in the risk dept., you can also work as an equity analyst, investment manager, portfolio manager, forensic auditor, etc. Mutual fund houses, private equity houses and hedge funds also employ a lot of CFAs.

However, to get an unbiased and experienced opinion on this topic, watch these videos below of Aswini Bajaj who is a trainer, global consultant in delivering lectures on finance and a public speaker.

Career in finance- ASWINI BAJAJ

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU