Cenvat Credit in respect of Input Services!!

Hi All,

Could anyone please tell me whether Service Tax charged by the travel agent having a S.T. No. can be claimed as S.T. credit?

Reply asap.

Thanks & Regards

Karnik Gulati

 

 

Replies (2)

Dear Karnik

It depends, actually there is a notification in which you can claim abatement ( in case of  caterging, tours operators, constructions, travel agents etc) so if you claimed the abatement  then there is condition that you can't avail the cenvat credit.

Anil Kumar, Triburg

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Mr. Anil,

I would like to clarify that in this case I am receiving the services of the travel agent & I want to know whether I can avail the input of S.T. charged by him on the bill.I am rendering Interior Designing services so I charge S.T. on my sales so in nutshell whether I can setoff my liability against travel agent's bill?

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details