Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Career in Wealth Management

nidhi (CA) (65 Points)

24 March 2010  

Hi,

I'm a freshly qualified CA and wish to make a career in fianance - more specifically Wealth Management.

Is there any other qualification required for a starter like me considering the lack of practical knowledge in the field?

Also, please feel free to provide me your inputs on the career path or even on other interesting career options in finance for a CA...

Thanks!

7 Replies

(Guest)

I m Student of Final course, but dare to suggest u ....

There is gr8 Scope in Project Finance Work, ( CMA Report, Dealing with Banks, Project Advisor) etc,

Also good return in Drafting of Deeds and Legal Compliance,

There are many courses specially in Finance  Management

nidhi (CA) (65 Points)
Replied 24 March 2010

Originally posted by : ketan joshi

I m Student of Final course, but dare to suggest u ....

There is gr8 Scope in Project Finance Work, ( CMA Report, Dealing with Banks, Project Advisor) etc,

Also good return in Drafting of Deeds and Legal Compliance,

There are many courses specially in Finance  Management

Thanks Ketan.. can you provide more details on Project Advisory services - like which firms provide them? 

And what is a CMA Report?

Mack... (N/A.) (175 Points)
Replied 24 March 2010

Nidhi,

For breaks in wealth management, check out CFP given from US. Also in the long run, for wealth management CFA(AIMR) would help greatly.

CFA(AIMR) is one of the best qualifications (in general) to take in finance.

Regards,

SIDHARTH DHIR (senior articled assistant)   (623 Points)
Replied 25 March 2010

ARE WEALTH MANAGEMENT AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SAME THING?

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 25 March 2010

@ Nidhi.

Since you are a CA, dont expect too much from the start of your career. Wealth management careers are typically limited to marketing and selling ( For MBA's ) and portfolio management ( For CFA's and experienced people ). So, full fledged wealth management is still a distant dream for a fresher. However, you can try to get into this field by applying for a research profile and gradually moving up the value chain. 

1 Like

nidhi (CA) (65 Points)
Replied 25 March 2010

Thanks guys!

@ Siddharth:

Though the aim of both Wealth management and Portfolio management are the same, the essence of wealth management, is distinct from portfolio management.

It is more long term and entwined with your life and rather intimately. It is the creation of wealth to meet individual goals and the goals of the family. It even goes beyond your own life, it could even include your philanthropic and other related aspirations of seeing that your wealth has grown and is well distributed.

anu (B.Com) (87 Points)
Replied 18 April 2014

hi..

you can do Chartered wealth management course (CWM) in AAFM. There are two levels in this course and finally one project. This will certify you as CWM if you clear it. nowadays the opportunities for wealth manager is very in high in banks.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register