Capital Gains calculation

After going through the New direct tax code and its details on Long term capital gains (ie. the index base is going to be shifted to April 2000)

I made a calculation of the capital gains that I would be eligible if I sell my property in 2012 and attached is the XLS file giving the details, Can any one review and let me know if that the calculation for both Acquisition and Improvements I have made is correct and also what are the supporting documents required to make the claim in case of a sale.

Another point to be noted is that the property has come to my possession in 2 parts

1 - Ground floor portion gifted to me by my father in April 2009

2 - First floor portion through a release deed from my mother and sister in May 2010.

Thanks and Regards

Ravichandra .S


Attached File : 27 capital gains calculation.xls downloaded: 370 times
Replies (1)
Originally posted by : Ravichandra


After going through the New direct tax code and its details on Long term capital gains (ie. the index base is going to be shifted to April 2000)

I made a calculation of the capital gains that I would be eligible if I sell my property in 2012 and attached is the XLS file giving the details, Can any one review and let me know if that the calculation for both Acquisition and Improvements I have made is correct and also what are the supporting documents required to make the claim in case of a sale.

Another point to be noted is that the property has come to my possession in 2 parts

1 - Ground floor portion gifted to me by my father in April 2009

2 - First floor portion through a release deed from my mother and sister in May 2010.

Thanks and Regards

Ravichandra .S

 

There is no reply sofar, please let me know if any further clarification is required.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details