Capital gain under JDA

If I sell land under JDA... & in exchange I get the flats as a consideration which is reflecting in AIS/TIS & TDS @ 1% is done on same..... so shall I offer this amount reflecting in AIS as capital gain?
& can I claim exemption u/s 54F ...
i. e... I sold land & re-invested in residential flats which I got in exchange... ???
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores the tax implications of selling land under a Joint Development Agreement (JDA) where the consideration received is in the form of flats. The user is asking if the value of these flats, reflected in AIS/TIS and subject to TDS, should be treated as capital gains and if exemption under Section 54F of the Income Tax Act can be claimed. While one response confirms the possibility of exemption, another raises a doubt, suggesting Section 54F might not apply if the capital asset sold isn't a residential house property.

Correct. you can get exemption u/s. 54F IT act.

I don't think 54F will apply as the capital asset sold is not a residential house property

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details