Can i use rent agreement in my father's name for applying for gst in my name

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a freelancer and I have to apply for GST as my turnover will exceed 20 lakhs per annum this year. One of the documents needed to apply for GST is a rent agreement. I live in a home with my parents and the rent agreement is between my father and the owner of the building. 

Can I use this rent agreement to apply for GST in my name? If so, do I need to take an NOC or a consent from my father or from the owner of the house?

Thank you for your time.

With warm regards

Rakesh

Replies (2)

Yes you can . but needs seperate affidavit from father as landlord - NOC for application for GST.

https://www.shreeyanshlegal.com/practice/online-rental-agreement-registration/

Hello Swapnil,

Thank you for the reply.

So, if I understand correctly, I can use the rent agreement between my father and the owner of the house but I will need an NOC from my father for using the premises for my business. Am I correct?

With warm regards

Rakesh

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details