Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopal Sengar (CA STUDENT)     02 July 2011

Can i file return for A.Y 10-11 now

hi everbody

can i file itr now for A.Y. 10-11 without penality of5000

cbdt extended the date 

confusion is here that date extended for Sending Acknowledgement or for filing itr for A.y. 10-11

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do

29 Replies

CA. ANKUR JAIN

CA. ANKUR JAIN (CA.....)     02 July 2011

extended date is only fr sending aknwldgmnt to CPC banglr 

1 Like
Dipjyoti Majumdar

Dipjyoti Majumdar (CA in service & CS. dipmaj@ rediffmail.com )     02 July 2011

Yes you can file the return. It will be a belated return.

1 Like
PARDEEP KUMAR AGGARWAL

PARDEEP KUMAR AGGARWAL (PARTNER)     02 July 2011

Dear Gopal,

you please first let me know your total income. If it crosses the minimum exemption limit, you may have to pay penalty.

Though you can file your return, you have to take care of the rulings also.

1 Like
CA. MANAL CHAWLA

CA. MANAL CHAWLA (CA + CS Professional)     02 July 2011

yes u can file ur return without any panlty up to 31st March 2012. for the a.y. 2010-11.

1 Like
B.Chackrapani  Warrier

B.Chackrapani Warrier (Chartered Accountant)     02 July 2011

Your assessment year ended on 31/03/2011. If u file return now and onwards, penalty u/s 271F of the Income tax Act,1961 will be proposed by the AO.

3 Like
shaishav soni

shaishav soni (CA final)     02 July 2011

Gopal u can file return for A.Y 2010-11,u need not to pay penalty if your net total income was 160000 or less,if it was more than 160000 (after all deductions from 80c to 80u) u will have to pay tax together with penal interest u/s 234b & c.

1 Like
Gopal Sengar

Gopal Sengar (CA STUDENT)     02 July 2011

it will be below 160000 Rs.

& my other Q. is that

if a person trade some goods but have no tin no. he does not use bill as well as at the time of purchase or sell

also not having any firm , no current account

ITR can be filed

CA ADITYA SHARMA

CA ADITYA SHARMA (CA IN PRACTICE )     02 July 2011

Originally posted by : B.Chackrapani Warrier

Your assessment year ended on 31/03/2011. If u file return now and onwards, penalty u/s 271F of the Income tax Act,1961 will be proposed by the AO.
1 Like
U S Sharma

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com)     02 July 2011

Originally posted by : Gopal Sengar

it will be below 160000 Rs.

& my other Q. is that

if a person trade some goods but have no tin no. he does not use bill as well as at the time of purchase or sell

also not having any firm , no current account

ITR can be filed

purchase or sale of goods is transfer of ownership of goods in exchange of money, for such transaction "invoice" is issued by seller confirming the value of the goods, plus taxes if any.

without purchase or sales invoice, one can not establish the sales turnover atleast, it may be brokerage for sales of somebody else you received.

1 Like
BALU....

BALU.... (CCI STUDENT....)     02 July 2011

One year return can file upto 2 years, For AY 2010-11 last date to file is Mar 2012.You can file the return without penalty but need to pay interest on tax liability if you have any...

ONE YEAR RETURN CAN FILE UPTO 2 YEARS...

2 Like
Ayushraj

Ayushraj (Professional)     02 July 2011

I think return for the A.Y. 2010-11  can normally be filled without worring about any penalty up to 31st March 2012.

Penalty u/s 271F of the Income tax Act,1961 is levied by the AO in reare cases.

So even if your income is in taxable bracket, You should not worry what AO will do, just File your returns

1 Like
bipinchandra

bipinchandra (article)     02 July 2011

yes you can file.

abut the condition is  total income of the assessee abefore giving effect of sec 80 deduction below the maximum amount not chargeable to tax . it meance gross  receipt shall be lower than 1.60 alacks

1 Like
Ritesh Indian Son[CMA*CS*CA]

Ritesh Indian Son[CMA*CS*CA] (" Simple Living High Thinking ")     02 July 2011

yes, u should file before 31/3/12.....:)

1 Like
Raju (Meger, Aquisi,Takeover)

Raju (Meger, Aquisi,Takeover) (Audit Assitant)     03 July 2011

You are the indiviual person thats why your due date of furnishing the return for the A.Y 2010-2011 is 31st july 2011 but in case of not furnishing the return on or before the due date you can furnish the belated return under section 139(4). You can file this return of A.Y. 2010-2011 by the end of expiry of one year from the end of relevant previous year i.e. March 2012.

Now  if  talk about the penalty and interest than in your case you will have to pay the simple interest under section 234A @ 1.5 @ per month on the amount of tax due. But you are NOT liable to pay pay the penalty unders section because you are not covered under section 139(1) since your income not exceeding the maximim limit of Rs 1,60,000

IN case you are doing the trading you can file the Return so please mention your whole descripttion regarding your income seperatly head wise.

Thanks  

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register