CAN AN ASSESSEE USE TAX CREDIT OF LAST YEAR FOR THIS YEAR?

I have wrongly paid TDS amount of Rs 5100/-, for the financial year 2009-10, instead of 2010-11, can I rectify it?, or can I file TDS return for the this quarter using the challan no. of above payment., Is there any problem if I do so?

Replies (2)

hi

Yes u can rectifify it

file this challan in your tds return as if it is paid in the correct A/Y

and give an application at the time of assessment to rectify it where u r deposting the tds return

You can go to bank, where you had deposited TDS challan and give application to reverse the challan and change the A.Y.


I followed this process today and rectified my mistake of nature code in TDS challan.

 

;)

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details