Calculation mismatch - tax calculator and online efiling

Hi,

I am employed in a private company. Tax on salary is deducted by company as TDS. I also have Fixed deposits in bank. I fall in the 20% bracket so TDS on salary is done @ 20% but Bank interest TDS is done @ 10%

When I calculate tax ussing the tax calculator on incometaxindia.gov site it shows ~14K tax payable but when I fill the details online efiling, it shows tax payable =  ~16K

Data Below

Taxable Income From Salary - 748480
Tax Deducted - TDS - 82087
Income from other sources - 145676
Tax Deducted - TDS - 14570
Tax Payable (as per tax calculator)- 15440
Tax Payable (as per efiling online)- 16620
 

What should I do in this case?
 

Replies (6)
Income from Salary 748480
   
other income 145676
Gross total income 894156
   
Less Deducation u/s80 TTA  
Less Deducation u/s 80C   
Less Deducation u/s 80D  
   
Taxable income 894156
   
Tax payble on Rs. 894156 108831
Education cess 3265
Less TDS(16 & 16A) 96657
Tax payble 15440

 

Thanks, for the reply Sachin.

But the online efiling shows more tax. What should i do? should i pay as per calculator? but then I might me asked to pay balance tax later.. How do i get it resolved?

Check the numbers you have entered in the excel once again. It could only be a typo error.

On observing the excel sheet carefully, i found that some interest is being added

 

Interest payable u/s 234 B 13b 616
Interest payable u/s 234 C 13c 570

Is it an error? What should I do to resolve this error?

When my taxes are being deducted at source, these taxes should not be leivied right? Pls help me understand why these taxes were added.

If self assessment tax is more than Rs 10000,then there will be penalty as per section 234 B & C if payment is done after 15th March. U have to pay these charges as per calculation in e-filing.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details