CA in Employment can take COP

anilwyd   22 October 2010

anilwyd

4 likes  77 points

| My Other Post

Can a Can CA in Full time Employment take COP ?

As per ICAI , answer is Yes !

Source : September 2010 Journal Page 18 > Know your Ethics. The portion is reproduced below

"Q. Can a member who is in part time/full time employment apply for Certificate of Practice and perform audit?
  A. No, he cannot perform audit although he can apply for Certificate of Practice."

But, I dont understand the rationale behind taking COP while in employemnt.

Please share your views

avater

Yogesh Shah (Managing Corporate Finance)     23 October 2010

Yogesh Shah
Managing Corporate Finance 
 54 likes  1051 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dude ..

Taking COP even if member is in employment is very beneficial. There are lots of professional work which you can't do if you are not holding COP e.g. Statutory Audit, Management Consultancy etc.

I have not read yet aforesaid issue. But if its true then its superb.

Awaits other valuable views.

CA Manish Garg (Chartered Accountant in Practice)     04 November 2010

CA Manish Garg
Chartered Accountant in Practice 
 1 likes  39 points

CA in full time employment can hold a Part Time COP. But then he cannot perform the attest function, also he cannot train an articled clerk.

However CA holding Part time COP can apply for Firm name, he may get into partnership with other CAs.

As said he may perform and carry  functions  other than attest function, say consultancy, Outsourcing, Accouting etc through his firm name.

One of the benefits that i could find is that a Part Time COP holder can become a Partner in the firm, and also he can become the incharge of a particular branch. So if you are not getting any full time COP holder for opening a new branch in a different city, you may appoint a part time COP holder in your firm and start the branch.

cheers!!

MG

CA pawan kumar (Professional)     14 August 2012

CA pawan kumar
Professional 
 43 points

hi.....i am working as a full time employee in an audit firm.......can i take my cop?? and do tax audits seperately????

ADITYA MEHROTRA (CA CS DipIFR (ACCA-UK))     08 June 2019

ADITYA MEHROTRA
CA CS DipIFR (ACCA-UK) 
 2 likes  49 points

Originally posted by : CA Manish Garg

CA in full time employment can hold a Part Time COP. But then he cannot perform the attest function, also he cannot train an articled clerk.

However CA holding Part time COP can apply for Firm name, he may get into partnership with other CAs.

As said he may perform and carry  functions  other than attest function, say consultancy, Outsourcing, Accouting etc through his firm name.

One of the benefits that i could find is that a Part Time COP holder can become a Partner in the firm, and also he can become the incharge of a particular branch. So if you are not getting any full time COP holder for opening a new branch in a different city, you may appoint a part time COP holder in your firm and start the branch.

cheers!!

MG

Can anyone guide whether part-time COP holder be appointed as branch in-charge of a CA firm. If yes, then any specific guidelines in this context ?

avater

sasi Tamil   15 June 2019

sasi Tamil

4 points

Just stumbled across your blog and was instantly amazed with all the useful information that is on it. Great post, just what i was looking for and i am looking forward to reading your other posts soon!

ReactJS Online Training

avater

cathryn leno   18 June 2019

cathryn leno

2 points

This is an awesome post.Really very informative and creative contents. These concept is a good way to enhance the knowledge.I like it and help me to development very well.Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information.Well, got a good knowledge.

MSBI online training

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »