Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

CA in 5th attempt can i get job in campus

Revise SFM Topics like Derivatives, Portfolio, Security Analysis in 3hrs covering the entire Practice Manual, Access videos on key concepts: 
https://goo.gl/bNgCGU

Know about:
CFA:  https://goo.gl/FD5a9W
FRM: https://goo.gl/81Iilr

Seminar For IPCC Students: 
https://goo.gl/O4pRhF

-Aswini Bajaj [CA, CS, CCRA, CFA(US), FRM(US), CAIA(US)]
WhatsApp: 9830497377

19 Replies

Tushar Mishra

Tushar Mishra (CA Finals)     29 January 2011

first of all a heartfelt congratulations from my side for ur dream coming into substance.....well in terms of campus placements what i have seen with my seniors and d data available on d portal as well that- not even half of the registered candidates are selected..why ?... I dont think u need 2 concentrate much at that bcoz the off campus oppurtunites are more than the students passing in the recent results ...try job portals that are plentysome(ex. Monster.com,naukri.com etc).... And u will get what u want...ultimately u wont be left unabsorbed....however u might have to compromise a bit on d package offered...but, as u also know that for a qualified CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT- Sky Is The Only Limit.... Hope u do well in future....
LUCKY

LUCKY (X)     29 January 2011

i've also cleared in 5 attempt but my advise is go & face the interview ogf icai campus........u'll get this opportunity  once & other options wil be there for u

Gopal Thakkar

Gopal Thakkar (Sr. Executive)     30 January 2011

Hi Ranjit,

Congrats for completing CA.

First of all be geared up for appearing in forthcoming campus.

I won't deny that number of attempts are not being considered by employers in campus.

But let it be campus or any other interview, it is always upto your performance in interview that how much caliber about yourself you can create in minds of persons conducting interview.

If you are having good grip over the subjects and you will appear confidently without doubt on yourself, there are fair chances of selction.

I m telling this by experience because though I had multiple attempts, I ranked as no.1 amongst 24 participants in interview of particular companies in campus.

All the best for campus.

2 Like
Azim Khan ACA,CS,CMA*,LLB*

Azim Khan ACA,CS,CMA*,LLB* (Proprietor)     30 January 2011

Congratulation to Mr. Ranjit & Lucky on becoming CA. i have faced the same problems in the last campus placement. i cleared final in the 3rd attempt but did not get any placement in the campus.

highly reputed companies which participate in the campus, look the number of attempts and the age factor of the candidate. PSUs shortlist such candidates provided they belong to special category, e.g. SC/ST/OBC/PH.

I would advice not to solely depend on the campus placement and create the profile on Monster/Naukri etc. as my friend has suggested.

All The Best

1 Like
Siddharth

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)     30 January 2011

Not everybody gets good exposure during articleship, the HR of the companies must be knowing it. A lot of dummy candidates too are able to land up with a job. 

It all depends how well you are able to market/ sell yourself to the companies selecting you for interview. Anyhow, unless otherwise you are a rank holder, you can't be sure of landing up with a job in campus.

Your work experience may compensate for the number of attempts.

You can always try off-campus by applying to different companies having openings through the year, may it be the big fours, some it/ fmcg company, etc.. Look at the websites, career sections of the companies which interest you.

CA.KSK

CA.KSK (Industrial Training)     30 January 2011

Mr.Ranjit,

Congrats for Becoming a "CA". You can and you will certainly get placed in the Campus Interview. Kindly dont have any second Thoughts about that. (Register yourself in  cmii.icai.org). A "CA" is a "CA" whether its First attempt (or) Fifth Attempt and as regards practical Knowledge is Concerned, not all of us get great exposure during articleship. Its on the Job Training most of the times and you can certainly Handle that.

Congrats and Best Wishes.

Regards

CA.K.S.Karthikeyan

2 Like
CA Neha Pandey

CA Neha Pandey (CA)     30 January 2011

Well  me too has cleared CA in third attempt this time and waiting for the forthcoming Campus, and i also inquired about significance of attempt and got mix opinions.

Those who were not able to get any placement in Campus they told me that attempt do matters.

But still i know few of my seniors who get placed even when they cleared CA in 4th or 5th attempt. And as they got placed they are very positive and told me to take Campus seriously. Now well lets see what happen now,but what they told me is to concentrate on communication skills and grip over current affairs like IFRS ,Coming Budget, DTC and other economic issues. So All the best from my side and if you get any further information relating to campus then please share it on CAClubindia please.

3 Like
CA SHRINIVAS

CA SHRINIVAS (CA, CS)     31 January 2011

I think all of you have shared very important knowledge of yours..

Tanks a lot..

Because I was also fearing on the same issue when i failed in my Ist attempt

CA CWA Yugandar PR

CA CWA Yugandar PR (Manager)     31 January 2011

It (Attempts) Matter in the campus guys,

Anyhow u ppl trying for that na but take my advise that face the interviews in offcampus til the campus take place and therefore u can gain the confidence and methods how to face the interviews and the weakness u have.

til u face face to face interview u didnt know the method how u want to sell urself.

all the best

Manmohan ACA, CS

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant )     31 January 2011

Originally posted by : CA Azim Khan
Congratulation to Mr. Ranjit & Lucky on becoming CA. i have faced the same problems in the last campus placement. i cleared final in the 3rd attempt but did not get any placement in the campus.

highly reputed companies which participate in the campus, look the number of attempts and the age factor of the candidate. PSUs shortlist such candidates provided they belong to special category, e.g. SC/ST/OBC/PH.

I would advice not to solely depend on the campus placement and create the profile on Monster/Naukri etc. as my friend has suggested.

All The Best

@  CA Azim Khan  sir can you just elaborate what does 'age factor' means 

Azim Khan ACA,CS,CMA*,LLB*

Azim Khan ACA,CS,CMA*,LLB* (Proprietor)     31 January 2011

Dear Manmohan, 

most of the companies fix the cut off age limits along with the number of attempts. like, the age of the candidate should not exceed ..25...(BPCL/HPCL/Maharashtra Bank, had the same conditions in the last campus)..........  as per my experience, person above the age of 27 may  face some problems. nevertheless, be confident, wait for the day when the companies shortlist you.

Have fun till that time......

1 Like
Abhishek Jain

Abhishek Jain (RisK Manger)     31 January 2011

Agree with AZIm Khan.

attempts & Age matter in CA campus

may be u wont be able to get call from gud companies

it is always better to have a job as campus anyway does not guarantee anyhing even to a rankholder CA

CA Hrishikesh Khatri

CA Hrishikesh Khatri ( )     31 January 2011

Thanks a lot CA Azim Khan and Abhishek Jain, for your advice. I too have cleared in the fifth attempt my CA Final examinations. 

I am looking forward for interesting and current topics such as IFRS. 

Can anyone suggest me any good reference books for the study of IFRS?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register