EASYOFFICE

Ca final student

Page no : 2

blind rizvi (Article) (94 Points)
Replied 06 December 2010

Thank you to all my friends who gave their precious time to reply to me.

This message is for Priyam: You have asked what I mean by poor communication skill,I mean to say that I'm good in speaking but when I go for interview I get nervous and cannot even speak fluently on an easy topic which I could easily do if I speak by looking at the mirror.

This message is for sandeep nambiar:Friend your telling me to join G.M.C.S course but which regional office of Icai will be better for that,I stay in Kolkata and my friends have told me that in Kolkata regional office training is of 15 days and it is of no use.Please tell me where you are doing.I have heard that Hyderabad or Delhi regional office is better.

C.A Sandeep J Nambiar (Chartered Accountant ) (262 Points)
Replied 06 December 2010

I am doing it from Dadar centre of Mumbai (W.I.R.C) Batch . It is individual perception whether the G.M.C.S Course is useful or not .I find it useful because we have got good faculty members. I am not saying it fully provides u with the skills, but it certainly gives us insights into the importance of communication skills in the corporate world . Basically G.M.C.S Course is introduced by ICAI for improving the communication skills of Chartered Accountants who are generally expected to have good technical skills but poor communication skills as compared to M.B.A counterparts .

G.M.C.S Course is compulsory and u can ask the other friends as to which is the best place to do G.M.C.S Course in your region .In my opinion, ICAI has taken care to bring the best of the best trainers to train students for the G.M.C.S Course.

(Guest)

thats a normal thing to get nervous,everyone gets nervous....even the person with" good communication skill " will be nervous... and the interviewer also knows that u r nervous....so u can afford to be nervous...its truly ok....but ya dont be so nervous that u faint before even going for n interview(im joking).......its good to know that u r good at speaking....look Rizvi i just want to share with u wat i feel...maybe that will help u(but dont b angry with me im not a commmunication skill expert).......u know that u speak better when u speak on a topic at home in front of a mirror than u do in an interview.....Kabhi socha hai aisa kyu hota hai???????? Its bcos at home when u r in front of mirror u know that no one is looking at u ....except urself....Rizvi cant b scared of himself isnt it????/....but when u go for an interview.....u have to face a person thats not Rizvi......I can only say that when u r in an interview just forget it that u r facing a person......just speak as if u r speaking in front of a mirror...and theres no one looking at u....u will feel better and comfortable...talk as if u r talking to ur own soul...and the person sitting in front of u is just a mere spectator.....he is just there to listen to ur thoughts and not to pass a verdict....u can even think him to be invisible(only till the time u r speaking,kyuki questions to sunna padega na).Have u ever faced a huge audience...like  when u r on stage(at school ,college)...u know i hav practical experience...i once took part in an extempore competition.....at school..i was on stage...with a mike ...and the whole school was in front of me....200 pairs eyes staring at me continously...........my classmates ,friends,teachers........i cud see everyone before me.........but when i started speaking..i just dont remember looking at anyone...or even recognising anyone from the crowd....i just forgot about ,where i was standing....and who all was looking at me.....u know my whole concentration was on my speech ....bcos i was very nervous...i was scared of forgetting my speech in between......i just didnt care about wat was going around me...it was just me and my speech thats it ........it felt as if i was the only one in the auditorium...for that 5 minutes ....(the time i took to complete my speech)........its very natural to get nervous my friend......and u can overcome it.......u know u r good at speaking......i think nothing shud stop u ........u r english is good(written also )....u hav written----to nambiar-"your telling".....i think it shud hav been "you r telling"..baki sabkuch thik hai....im joking ...Rizvi, Hope my lecture will prove of some use to u.........All the Best........may u hav many successful  interviews....(then choice will b urs which one to  join....isnt it?).and by the way GMCS course is compulsory......15 days couse ...do it from anywhere (i mean Icai)it will be the same.ICAI has the same curriculum in all branchesfor GMCS.....but the teachers will be different everywhere.....so its upto ur luck whether those 15 days turn out to be enjoyable....or boring........teaching style is different ...of everyone na..

(Guest)

i dont know but i feel that....going to an interview and doing blah blah....on a topic, is not all.......i think , wat u speak shud be meaningful and relevant.....how much u speak wudnt matter that much .....just see my msg ...that i have posted for u .....i didnt know that i wud end up writing so much.....i had my thoughts ,i just cudnt stop myself from writing it......u know when u r speaking its the same thing.....if the topic interests u ,the conversation goes on for long.....u will have so much to speak...U know never be disheartened if u think ur interview was not that good.....u never know ,the interviewer may have seen the potential in u..and found...wat they were looking for.....so never give up......keep learning from ur experiences.....life is all about learning.

(Guest)
i hav made thousand spelling mistakes ,nd typing errors in my msgs......hope Rizvi u r not taking... my interview....else i wudnt b selected for the post of advisor.....because of having "poor typing skills"

blind rizvi (Article) (94 Points)
Replied 08 December 2010

Thank you my friends who gave their precious time to reply to me specially to Priyam & Sandeep.

AKSHAY PAL (ARTICLE) (88 Points)
Replied 09 December 2010

"Don't be afraid rizvi , just be confident on yourself and go ahead for all types of interview. Once you

gave an interview then your confidence level be increased, so don't loose your moral"

Agree With Bhupinder........

Dear Brother Dont Get Afrid ...

Trust Your Self You Will ALways Success.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro