Easy Office
LCI Learning

CA Final November 2016 expected date and expected pass %

Page no : 22

CA Final Docent (No work) (690 Points)
Replied 11 January 2017

Originally posted by : Arpan Mukherjee

The gracing process is a very complicated process...it is not as simple as adding 3 or 5 marks to every student...many other matters depend as well..1. Whether the student passes the subject/group/secures exemption if awarded grace or not(generally say even after grace in sfm u get 187 and grace in sfm made ur sfm marks 62, so institute will hesitate in giving you an exemption and hence will reduce marks to below 60 as you are not clearing the group)2.what is the general pass percentage of the state/region from which the student has given the exam,grace is awarded accordingly.I have experiences from the past where say in a subject I got grace of 3 marks but my friends of Delhi have got 5 marks Kolkata 2 marks etc.So it is a very complicated process which even the institute does not disclose. hence ICAI does not make public the region wise results as it will show disparity in their grace allotment procedure

@ Anuraag Sir/ Arpan - I thought  basic gracing will be for all students and for awarding additonal grace marks, ICAI has the criteria ( like only to border line students)  Really disappointed to know that grace marks varies from student to student.. 

So scoring exemption is very difficult I guess.. Assuming maximum grace marks to be 5, If one fails in three subjects and scores 55 in SFM how much grace marks will he get?  ( Last tym I got 59 in costing,  but I cleared group 2)

1 Like

CA Final Docent (No work) (690 Points)
Replied 11 January 2017

Originally posted by : Arpan Mukherjee

The gracing process is a very complicated process...it is not as simple as adding 3 or 5 marks to every student...many other matters depend as well..1. Whether the student passes the subject/group/secures exemption if awarded grace or not(generally say even after grace in sfm u get 187 and grace in sfm made ur sfm marks 62, so institute will hesitate in giving you an exemption and hence will reduce marks to below 60 as you are not clearing the group)2.what is the general pass percentage of the state/region from which the student has given the exam,grace is awarded accordingly.I have experiences from the past where say in a subject I got grace of 3 marks but my friends of Delhi have got 5 marks Kolkata 2 marks etc.So it is a very complicated process which even the institute does not disclose. hence ICAI does not make public the region wise results as it will show disparity in their grace allotment procedure

@ Arpan - I thought basic gracing will be for all students and for awarding additional grace marks, ICAI has the criteria ( like only to border line students)  Really disappointed to know that grace marks varies from student to student.. 

So scoring exemption is very difficult I guess.. Assuming maximum grace marks to be 5, If one fails in three subjects and scores 55 in SFM how much grace marks will he get?  ( Last tym I got 59 in costing,  but I cleared group 2)

dashmeet singh (student) (108 Points)
Replied 11 January 2017

Respected Anurag sir, 

Could you please tell that is there any gracing for the Group 2?

venkat (CA ) (1518 Points)
Replied 11 January 2017

so maximum gracing that can be awarded this time is 12

Vince , in persuit of CA (Finding CA ) (380 Points)
Replied 11 January 2017

Hi everyone..

As per my knowledge and experience grace marks are subject to following elements:

1. Overall performance of the candidate.

For instance,  if a student has cleared all 3 subjects in a group and has failed in one subject by 3 or 4 marks and aggregate marks are also near 200 or 200+, then institute may pass student.

One of my friend in second group scored and cleared by getting 200 marks.

He scored DT:67

IDT:49

ISCA :44

AMA:.40

conclusion:

2.He did very worst in AMA and he used to tell my result outcome is subject to AMA.

He got grace marks in AMA.

2. Best performance in one individual subject DT.

THANK YOU ALL AND ALL THE BEST.

4 Like

CA Saurabh (PRACTICE) (1019 Points)
Replied 11 January 2017

IN May 2014 my marks were
costing 36(2 marks gracing)
ISCA 62
DT 63
IDT. 47
TOTAL 208

in costing i had only 2 marks gracing any (i m from western region)
one of my frend from Kolkata got 7 marks grace in costing...

n

Replied 11 January 2017

rest u decide on gracing
this is just one example

CA Ankit Garg (Qualified Chartered Accountant )   (1743 Points)
Replied 11 January 2017

Saurabh in may 14 from where you gave exam Mumbai or pune

Replied 11 January 2017

May be in may 14 papers in isca and dt grace were higher in WIRC ZONE as compared to other zones and in costing paper of may 14 grace was low in WIRC ZONE as compared to other zones

Vince , in persuit of CA (Finding CA ) (380 Points)
Replied 11 January 2017

Dear Mr. Saurabh.

Icai gracing should be complemented with destination gracing it seems.

Spirit should never die. Ek baar aur sahi.

Ek  Ek hath aur sahi.

1 Like

Replied 11 January 2017

ankit perhaps yes
bt my point was that only
gracing is not done uniformly
as in my case more 5 marks in costing and I was done thru grup 2 ..
thanx for understanding my post..

Replied 11 January 2017

Yes saurabh.
I can understand your feelings bhai.

And yes gracing is not done uniformly.. It's confirmed.
Zone wise gracing or subject wise gracing matters..

Anurag sir told grace of 5 in sfm n 7 in audit but zone wise it will differ in variations of 2-3 to maintain the same grace 5 & 7.
1 Like

Replied 11 January 2017

Saurabh u appeared from Mumbai in may 14

Replied 11 January 2017

IDT is having 2 marks gracing?? is it true??

Replied 11 January 2017

yes I appeared from mumbai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: