ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ca final: costing (transportation )

(Guest)

hi.can anyone plz explain me how transportation problems r solved?hw to allocate demands and supplies to cells of a cost matrix under all the three methods i.e. LCM,NWCM,and VAM

15 Replies

(Guest)

The objective of Tranportation Problem  is to find out the schedule of transportation i.e which factory should transport the quantities to which destinations so that the overall transportation cost should be minimum.

1 Like

(Guest)

but the thing is i m not understanding hw to allocate the quantities to a cost matrix as in the demand and supply which is to b allocated to come to answer,i always end up wid a wrong answer..so whats the logic to allocate ?

Abhimanyu Bind (CA Final Student & Audit Assitant)   (2049 Points)
Replied 05 September 2012

Hi,

Here is the full CA FINAL Video Lecture on Transportation Problem. And you can find more similar helpful lectures by using search option. You can watch or Download. I have downloaded many lectures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAjtyMrO1cg

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Abhi

1 Like

C.A SUVAJIT SAHU (CA ( In Practice )) (703 Points)

r u doing self study for OR ?

plz follow the book of PC tulsian .

1 Like

rahul (Chartered Accountant and CS Prof.)   (5470 Points)

Yes Get P C Tulsian for O.R.
1 Like

(Guest)

ya i m doing self study and following pc tulsian only but somehw transportation is not seeming to b a cake walk..i m not getting the logic behind allocation,i always end up wid a different allocation..............................

1 Like

Abhimanyu Bind (CA Final Student & Audit Assitant)   (2049 Points)

My attempt is MAY-2014, so I am also planning to do Self Study. Hope you are reffering video lectures on you tube. There is also a two hours lecture on transportation problem given IIT professior. Please, comment when it solved.

CA Abhinav (Chartered Accountant) (496 Points)

2 Like

neeti mittal (ca student) (28 Points)

Thanx a lot for sharing the link...

CA RAKESH TALWAR (Senior Partner) (107 Points)
Replied 06 September 2012

O R is not a subject which can be learnt by taking online help advices & guidances. I prsonally advice you go for some coaching in OR & it would be very helpful

1 Like

Udit Gupta (CA Final Student) (352 Points)

Yes I agree with Mr. Rakesh

1 Like

Rohit (ICAI) (259 Points)

I hve uploaded best file for u.......plz chk out......me damn sure u will get ur answers in best way

Attached File : 629551 1050894 transportation.rar downloaded: 153 times
1 Like

(Guest)

thanks abhimanyu and abhinav for the link,thanks rahul,rakesh,udit  and suvajit for the suggestion and thanks rohit for the file.hope it solves my doubt..............

1 Like

(Guest)

thanks a ton rohit it has actually solved my doubt..............................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags