Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ca Final AMA paper..discuss

Page no : 2

Rahul (CA Final) (399 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

i omitted the line given in budget question due to which i have calculated purchases wrongly...will i get any marks?

Replied 09 November 2016

was able to attempt only 67 marks due to time constraints and that too nothing is all right...i don't think we get much marks for semi correct questions in ama,will fail 3rd time...thinking of quitting now.

Abhishek Goel (C.A. Final Student) (193 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

Aswath, this is not happening for the first time. COSTING paper is being set on this funda since last 3-4 attempts to give a simple but lengthy one. really feels sad to read such feedback from students (incl me in past) that inspite of repeated instructions from our coaching class professors and from various other sources, we fail to manage time.
Best of luck for the rest of exams.
1 Like

Tushar Mhatre (ARTICLE) (25 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

it's lengthy

Piyush Sanghi (CA) (172 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

What will be answer of activity ratio,  capacity ratio and efficieny ratio...please reply

Aswath Raman (Audit Executive) (285 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

True Abhishek. What majority of the people aim in AMA paper is to complete the paper and wee away with average answers. This mindset can be changed only with defining oneself to attempt 100%. As we know that one AMA problem may have multiple ways to solve, constant practice of problems is absolutely necessary. 

One other place I feel where we lack is not understanding the questions as a whole and trying to make it into smaller components. Unlike FR, the answers in AMA evolves based on WHOLE of the problem. This ability too comes from mastering the concept and familiarising oneself with problems.

All the best to you too!

Replied 09 November 2016

Samrat,
As u rightly said a semi correct question is where step marking comes into play.
wil gv u an example, in simulation sum let's say u made random no allocation table and didn't make simulation table. u get marks for those tables and that's how checking is done. Marks are allotted at different steps. like for a 8 marks question could be something like (2+2+4) or any other combinations within the solution.
no way u should be thinking about quitting. u must be prepared for group 2. no sense leaving at this juncture because atleast sitting for exam might fetch u an exemption (provided u had prepared for this attempt well)

Replied 09 November 2016

thanx for this

Originally posted by : Abhishek Goel

Samrat,As u rightly said a semi correct question is where step marking comes into play. wil gv u an example, in simulation sum let's say u made random no allocation table and didn't make simulation table. u get marks for those tables and that's how checking is done. Marks are allotted at different steps. like for a 8 marks question could be something like (2+2+4) or any other combinations within the solution. no way u should be thinking about quitting. u must be prepared for group 2. no sense leaving at this juncture because atleast sitting for exam might fetch u an exemption (provided u had prepared for this attempt well)

thanx for such a nice explanation...will try to give the remaining papers..

Aswath Raman (Audit Executive) (285 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

To the guy who plans to quit,

Attempting fifth time here. And trust me, every time I face exams, I see my confidence level and conceptual understanding increased. This is not some race where half of the rats get to cross the line where the other wither. This is more like a process where you evolve as a professional, one step at a time. It doesn't matter if you could not do well. What matters is that you have learned something today which you could not figure out yesterday, which wil eventually help you to succeed.

Remember, it's not when you fail, it's when you quit, you are truly defeated.

Cheer up, all the things will find it's balance over time.

Best wishes! 

11 Like

Vishnu S.Rathi (Student) (83 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

In question 1.d i got confused and solved by two methods i.e by doubling approach and by assuming that the secong unit will be only applied the learning curve of 80/90% and wrote a note below.

will i get marks for the answer?

Replied 09 November 2016

thanks aswath. cleared my group 2 last time and was eager and curious to read students comment on today exam and share my experience here. though my exam finished on 7. But I would virtually be in same space like other students till 16th (except sitting in exam).

Rupesh Soni (Taxation Consultant & CA final student)   (493 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

human brain hain sochne ka time to lagega na...icai should see us as human not computr

Rinky (Accountant) (149 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

who can imagine in CA Final cash budget will come...I solved it but did mistake in

Replied 09 November 2016

Rinky, questions like cash budget are chosen with mindset of wasting/killing time in exam. making a 6 months columnar (even if it involves mere punching figures straight from ques paper) consumes time. and even being an easy question we tend to go slow in order to make it perfect for securing 8/8. ICAI has certainly mastered students psychology in exam conditions.
2 Like

Kalpesh Chauhan (4 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

request to all to not to discuss abt answers.. just focus on next three papers... u might score well in next 3... all the best ..!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: