Easy Office

CA degree is seriously devalued

Page no : 2

Gaurab (na) (22 Points)
Replied 27 August 2015

Never mind about people judging you by attempts coz you know the amount of efforts that you have put in to get the degree what you aspired for. The degree is the fruit after years of rigour and will never go without recognition guys. One may feel betrayed at the outset, but our perseverance will get us the recognition and credit guys. CA is still one of the most sought degrees and it will be one. Cheers!

Ankur (CA Final Student) (999 Points)
Replied 27 August 2015

It seems, I am not the only one sailing in this boat. Whenver I go to institute I find so many young students entering the CA profession( just after 12th) whith lot of hope in their eyes and faith in our esteemed profession.

I wish to tell them that they should try some other course, which will give more output with lesser input. 

I am myself doing CA, only because I have given 6-7 years of my life doing CA and it would be very heart breaking for me to quit without a degree.

I have already told many of my cousins to not take-up CA unless they are sure they can qualify in 1st attempt. Sadly, there is no purpose of doing CA anymore.

Shobhit Jain (CA) (4892 Points)
Replied 27 August 2015

Yes I am agree with this.For articleship ,even a single group cleared can get into good firm and both group cleared students are ignored

Karishma (CA STUDENT) (49 Points)
Replied 27 August 2015

Employers are corrupted thats why young CAs are suffering....they want people to work for peanuts...as there are many people available with few job opportunities....

Manish Dhalla (Article Assitant) (102 Points)
Replied 27 August 2015

I cleared pcc in 5th attempt & now in ca final & already give 5 attempt & only cost exempt, Hope so this is my last attempt or jha tk job ki baat h, i know itne attempt kr baad achi job tho milegi nhi, bt mhne socha hua h mere patience ki agr koi value nhi lga skta tho ese place pr bilkul bhi kaam nhi krna, mhne ca ki life may bhut pain dekha h, depress hua, phycristic ke pass bhi gya bt ca nhi chori uske baad bhi agr mere effort & patience ki koi value nhi h tho esi job ki jhrurt nhi h or kbhi kisi ko nhi bhtaoga ki i am a ca isse acha tho mba kr ke effort lga kr kuch achi job mil jati, vha job may effort lgate tho kuch milta yha attempt may effort lga rhe h or fir phta chale ki aapke itne effort ki koi value nhi h

HEMANT AMBOLKAR (accounts audit tax) (22 Points)
Replied 27 August 2015

Some organisations have practice to recruit CA passed in 1st attempt or 2.

If any student takes more attempts then he or she may not get desirable package from industry or may require to join CA firms again.

So if any students have realized that they are late to complete CA course, do one thing : try to maintain your clients portfolio  (return filing, regn.under various acts., accounts outsource etc.)

Because when  u became CA, you may not be required to depend on industry. If u don't get good job u can start ur own practice. And at that time u might have good client portfolio.

Comparing to engineers,  mbas, they don't have such flexibility.

Mansoori M. Zubair M.salim (M.Com / IPCC cum ATC / CA Final)   (208 Points)
Replied 28 August 2015

Ek cheez sochle ca student kabhi job less nahi ho sakte woh kaise bhi mehnat kar ke kuch na kich earning la sakte hai jo b.com wale job pe hai agar unki job chali jaye to next job milne tak woh pareshan rehte hai hum ca student ek simple itr 1 fle karey tab bhi 300to500 pakke hai.so why should think negative.

HORESHWAR SINHA (COMMERCIAL OFFICER) (29 Points)
Replied 28 August 2015

Manish Dhalla well said I appreciate your thought.

CA Kumar Mukesh (CA CMA FINAL and Advance Excel Trainer)   (6871 Points)
Replied 28 August 2015

One think we need to understand ONLY BY CA DEGREE you can earn only few bucks....

Pay scale is solely depends upon our personal guts and traits...

Yes in most of the cases no of attempts counts but only for 1 to 2 years, it is HR Tactics to degrade newly qualified CAs. But after 2 years its becomes irrelevant..... when we become experienced CAs

1 Like

vishu (cma) (40 Points)
Replied 28 August 2015

Ca se badiya to...b.com karke naukri pakarlo...

K.chandrasekaran (Partner) (210 Points)
Replied 28 August 2015

Look at  CA as a tool to learn skills that all sucessful  CAs are having .Then  you will also realise that you have a value

(Guest)

My Name : Hammad Rashid

CA status : CA Final failed 7 times and still Group 2 is remaining. 

My Expected Future as per society : Absolute dark.

I would still say CA is far better than BCOM, CS, CWA, Grade B/C MBA.

Please increase your knowledge in the following areas to become a TRUE CA :

1. SAP and other ERP softwares : There are thousands of videos on youtube to help you.

2. English Vocabulary and Grammar : Majority of CA's can not even speak one sentence of English with confidence and correct grammar. Grammatical errors should be strictly avoided. Eg. "I did failed " is wrong. " I did fail" is right.

3. Corporate Knowledge : What kind of CA you are, if you do not even know that there is no Income Tax in Gulf countries. What kind of CA you are, if you do not anticipate the biggest depression ever, coming in few months in USA. What kind of CA you are, if you have no idea about Quantitative easing and its fraudulent nature.

Majority of CA's of 25-30 age have absolutely no idea about the reason for 2008 recession and they want 12 Lacs as package. These kind of CA's are hysterical !

4. Micro economics and Macro economics : There are CA's who have no idea about John Maynard Keynes and they call themselves expert of commerce.

5. Financial Modelling : Bread and butter of our profession.

6. ADJUSTMENT wink ( Manipulation ) of Accounts : Use of off balance sheet items, Use of Notes to accounts, Use of valuation of closing stock and other options to ADJUST the accounts. LOL. If a CA cannot ADJUST the accounts, he is no better than a BCOM.

You should be able to understand the meaning of phrase " Profit is an OPINION and Cash is the Reality "

7. Knowledge in Money laundering and Use of Tax havens for Taxation.

Knowledge in Point 6 and 7, helps in unearthing Frauds.

These are some of the basic skills required to succeed in our profession.

It is the quality of members that determines the quality of the profession.

If I will clear in Nov 15, Due to my 8 attempts, I may get only 10,000 per month in some Private limited Company or in some Tier 2-3 CA Firm.

But I will be ready to rip off the pseudo intellectual capabilities of many rankholders and 1st attempters.

Good Luck everyone !

2 Like

raghavan (self) (611 Points)
Replied 28 August 2015

Well said Hammad rashid. Wish to see CA Hammad in 2016. All the best

C.A. FINAL STUDENT (.) (93 Points)
Replied 28 August 2015

Very True Ankur. Agreed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro