Business code for a medical store (got notice under 139(9))

I have a partnership firm which engages in retail sale of medicines(It is a common medical store, that everyone buys medicine from). I had filed ITR4(A.Y 18-19) and paid tax under presumptive scheme(44AD). In the Nature of Business I had selected "18009 - Medical suppliers, agencies and stores". Today I got a notice under 139(9) saying "the provisions of Sec.44AD are not applicable to persons carrying on any agency business.". But my firm is not a agency business. It is a retail medical store. Now it is clear that I have to select something else in "Nature of business". The two codes which I have shortlisted are 

09022 - Retail Sale of other goods in specialized stores    (I am assuming medical store is a specialized store)

09028 - Retail sale of other products n.e.c      (I don't know what n.e.c means)

Which code should be chosen so that I won't get any further notice for 44AD applicability? Please advise. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

 

Replies (6)

n.e.c. – not elsewhere classified

Either of them should work...... but go for '09028' .........       Good Luck ...

Sir, Thank you for your excellent guidance, as always. I will choose 09028.

Just another related clarification. Now I have to just change the "Nature of Business" and "Return filed under section"(to response u/s 139(9)), and generate a new X M L. How should I upload this X M L. When I select "e-File -> Response to notice u/s 139(9)", it says "No records found"

That's the big problem..........

Notice u/s. 139(9) is received first, while compliance (to reply the same) is updated about 3/4 days afterwards.

So, wait .....it will be updated by next Wednesday.....

Sir, Thank you again for the clarification.

Update.

I could never file a corrected X M L so far, as "e-File -> Response to notice u/s 139(9)", always said "No records found".
Today I a message from CPC IT department, that my original ITR has been processed. But I never did anything for the notice. Maybe IT department realized their mistake and processed it. cool

 

That's good ..... & congratulations...........

It means CPC accepted that code for medical stores, without commission business .....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details