Easy Office

Brain teaser # 13

Page no : 2

Prateek Agarwal (Sr. Executive - Finance & Accounts)   (1732 Points)
Replied 25 June 2012

yes Soniya

Nitil Kr. Agarwala (Persuing CS) (264 Points)
Replied 25 June 2012

Originally posted by : Soniya Sadhnani

It should be more than 8 seconds!!

After 1st chime, wait for 2 seconds to hear the second chime which would also take some time..

Then after the second chime is heared, after the wait of two more seconds the third chime could be heard..

In this manner the total time would be calculated as under-

2sec + time taken by 2nd chime + 2 sec + time taken by 3rd chime + 2 sec + time taken by 4th chime + 2 sec 

agreed

CA Soniya S. Sadhnani (Chartered Accountant Level II Candidate in the CFA (USA) Program 2017)   (94 Points)
Replied 25 June 2012

Can u pls give me the links of such other Brain Teasers?

Replied 25 June 2012

Hey Soniya...

Try the other teasers...

I can share such brain teasers here ... I try to find them from various places so i guess I cannot share such links.indecision

Keep on cracking your heads with the teasers.

Cheers!!

CA Soniya S. Sadhnani (Chartered Accountant Level II Candidate in the CFA (USA) Program 2017)   (94 Points)
Replied 25 June 2012

Oh u took me in the wrong sense. Actually this one is 13th so I was wondering that were are the rest 12 of them. I tried finding them in Ca Club India itself but couldn't suceed in that. So if u just tell me that were I should search them then it would be a great activity for me to spend time.How can I find rest 12 as I am new in the club was my actual ques to u?!

Replied 25 June 2012

Ohhhh....my bad....

You can visit my profile and select my posts. There will be posts with the name Brain Teaser # 1 and so on....

Or go to Forum, Select Others Forum. You will get other puzzles posted by CCI members there too...

Regards

Replied 25 June 2012

That's fine. And thanks for the help smiley

Tony John (Chartered Accountant) (6085 Points)
Replied 25 June 2012

Going by Soniya's observations, it should be more than 8 seconds.

Shanib (CA Final Student) (113 Points)
Replied 25 June 2012

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Soniya Sadhnani

It should be more than 8 seconds!!

After 1st chime, wait for 2 seconds to hear the second chime which would also take some time..

Then after the second chime is heared, after the wait of two more seconds the third chime could be heard..

In this manner the total time would be calculated as under-

2sec + time taken by 2nd chime + 2 sec + time taken by 3rd chime + 2 sec + time taken by 4th chime + 2 sec 

THAT'S THE SAME ANSWER RAGHURAM AND I GAVE...

BUT MORE THAN 8 SECONDS CANNOT BE GIVEN AS PRECISE ANSWER BECAUSE MORE THAN 8 SECONDS INCLUDE 9 SEC, 10 SEC, 11 SEC ETC ONWARDS...

SO PRECISELY AFTER 8 SECONDS IF YOU WON'T HEAR ANYMORE CHIME

WILL CONCLUDE THAT ITS 4 O' CLOCK...  PRATHEEKJI PLEASE NOTE THAT POINT..

Replied 26 June 2012

Point noted :-)

But its worth a thought !!

Replied 26 June 2012

Then for how long the chime sound continues to be heard is to be assumed. I know that mine is not the precise one but still it's open for any no. of seconds taken as assumption for the chiming sound.

If the chime sound continues to be heard for more than 2 seconds(if chimer is rung loud or due to echo sound effect) then ur answer proves to be wrong. The time gap b/w two chimes is 2 sec. So apart from that time gap also the 3 times when ringing sound is heard is to be considered.

So actually not after 8 sec but after 8 + 3( no.of sec the chimer's sound continues to be heard) seconds is the better answer according to my opinion as its bit elaborative than yours. Otherwise mine answer would also have beeen same as yours!

Rohit Agarwal (CA Final Student) (29 Points)
Replied 26 June 2012

6 seconds...

Replied 26 June 2012

@ Rohit: Its incorrect!!

Somnath Chakarwarti (Assistant Manager) (33 Points)
Replied 26 June 2012

If it is 3 o'clock, the clock will chime 2 times after the first chime is heard.
Since the time gap between any two chimes is 2 seconds, this will take 2 × 2 = 4 seconds.

Now, to know what time it really is, you have to wait an 'extra chime gap' to see if the clock chimes again.
Adding the extra 2 seconds, the total time required is 4 + 2 = 6 seconds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: