Book delivery issues of icai-cds and overnite express.

Sayali (Student) (33 Points)

19 February 2018  

Hello, 
My name is Sayali Sunil More (SRN: WRO0383539)

I have ordered IDT CA Final Books from icai-cds.org on 09/02/2018. Order number being 100206634.

I have not received any update from ICAI-cds regarding the AWB Number of my Order for tracking purposes.

Although, I have received an SMS from +918291852596 supposedly from Overnite Express wherein it has been mentioned that I have to collect the books from one of its branches in Sanpada, Navi Mumbai. They did mention a ref no.: 7259494395 in that SMS which I then tried to track from overnitenet.com and found that the Books have been sitting in the Mini Hub of Sanpada since 15th February 2018 and I received the above SMS for collecting the books only on 17th February, 2018 Saturday at 8.52pm (night) from the above mentioned mobile number. Also, on Sundays the Facility is closed. 

It is clear that they are not delivering the Books at the Address of delivery mentioned in the Order, instead they are insisting us students to Pick up the books from their branch. 

I live in CBD Belapur and am working through the week and hence it is not possible for me to carry those books from Sanpada to Belapur. If they are reading this post, I request the concerned persons to kindly look into the matter as this courier agency is not providing a proper service, to not only me but many other students whom I know. As per my information, none of the deliveries have taken place at the given addresses, in fact every time students are asked to pick up the books from Overnite Express's Branch bu themselves inspite of having paid delivery charges at the time of placing their Book- Orders.

I have been using ICAI's online Portal for the longest time now and this is the first time that I have been asked to go and pick up my books from a courier facility that too by a SMS from an unknown number. Previously, i.e. in the old portal, Indian Post used to provide Hassle free delivery at my doorstep. Why is Overnite Express not providing the same service to the Students? 

Also, I have paid delivery charges along with my order of books with the motive of getting my books at my Address and not going to the courier facility and collecting them? I am really worried as to how am I supposed to order any further books from the portal. Each time I shall be required to go to the Courier Facility Branch, which is quite unreasonable. 

I hereby request the Authorities to kindly look into the matter since it is not possible for me to go and collect books from them as they are closed on Sundays and they won't deliver the books at my given address. 

Kindly consider this matter as urgent and Kindly guide me what needs to be done. 

I have Attached my Order Status at Overnite Express's Portal as at 19/02/2018.

I have written this post to get views from students who have suffered from similar issues and I would like to know the procedures you followed for getting your books, so that the service is improved by Overnite Express.

Thanks!