Birthday gift worth remembering

Sathish M (Management Accountant) (40581 Points)

17 May 2013  

The best birthday gift ever...

"Daddy its my birthday" i was yelling at peak of my voice as i always do...

And my dad hugged me warmly wishing me happy birthday..

I loosened his arms to search his pockets for my birthday gift but to my disappointment i found nothing. But my father tickeled me and said it will be a surprise...

i was super-excited hearing this. And ma smile returned on ma face. It was a hard task to wait all day long. So i tried snooping all day long. On every birthday of mine my parents would buy me new dresses, toys and not to forget the mobile phone box that i loved the most.And now i was totally building up ma fantasy world when i heard my mom telling ma father to tell me clearly that this time my birthday is different has we were facing a strong financial crisis..

I moved out of the room and sat on the stairs. i was very sad as i couldn't see my parents upset becoz of me and also there was no gift this time..

I was lost in ma thoughts when i felt a hand on ma shoulders.

It was my father with my favourite chocolate in his hand for me. I felt to be the luckiest daughter of the world as that chocolate meant a lot to me..

Even today i miss the taste of that chocolate with the exotic flavour of my parent's love...And this is and will ever be "THE BEST BITHDAY GIFT"