Bank statement which value to disclose in BS

Dear Chartered Accountants ,in financial statement balance sheet under Current asset

cash at bank ...in this head which balance I have to enter ???


if I have three or four account means for an example savings account and current account which balance I have to show in cash at bank???
Replies (6)
Quick Summary
When preparing a Balance Sheet, the 'Cash at Bank' figure should represent the total balance of all business-relevant bank accounts. Generally, savings accounts are excluded unless directly linked to the business. The balance disclosed should be the closing balance, often adjusted after a bank reconciliation to reflect the true cash position.

All the accounts relevant to the business.

Generally savings account is not included.

@ honourable CA thank you sir ,I have some query ,suppose we are making for individuals means can we take savings account???



here bank balance means last closing balance only I have to shown in my BS IAM I right

Unless capital account is also linked with business account, savings accounts are kept out of the financial statements. 

Yes, closing balances, sometimes adjusted to bank reconciliation.

Cash at Bank after reconciliation.

Savongs of the company is relevant if im correct as per the frame work called business entity concept. @ Dhirajlal is amazing and stuffed with good process knowledge including shares. I dont know why I am CEO learning from MD's

Bankreconciled figure to be shown at balance sheet
so it's balance as per pass book.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details