Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bank reconciliation statement

Rajyalakshmi (Accounting) (41 Points)

30 January 2008  

lhello

could u tell me about bank reconciliation statements.and how to prepare

thank u

27 Replies

Mukesh (Self employed) (71 Points)
Replied 30 January 2008

i feel that u have to go to basic accounting book and there u find Bank reco. It is easily digestable from there and there only.

kaushal (w) (545 Points)
Replied 30 January 2008

BRS is prepared daily weekly monthly yearly depending on number if transaction and requirements check entry passed in bank book with entries in bank statements given by bank . entries which are 1 not in bank book but there in bank statement (like interest charges , commission etc.) requires entries to be passed in bank book 2 not in bank statements bt there in bank book will stand as reconciliation entry on which payment is yet to be received or cheque is not yet deposited for clearing

M.Sriram Shenoy (CA Final) (814 Points)
Replied 30 January 2008

Bank reconciliation statement exhibits the difference between Cash at bank, as per our books and bank books. When cheques are issued by us, effect is given immediately in our books by crediting the respective bank account. But, it takes some time for the bank to clear the cheques and until such time, bank account shows higher balance to the extent of uncleared cheques. So BRS is prepared to reconcile the difference and tally both the books. For preparation of BRS, the origin point can either be balance as per our books or balance as per bank books and adjustments to be made with respect to the origin point of the account.

pushpendra (Director- FinMAT Consultants)   (1698 Points)
Replied 30 January 2008

Best way to prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement is : From which Balance You start is Object Balance and the balance at which you want to reach is target Balance Now Just remember only One formula : Check any transaction and see the effect on the target balance if due to that transaction target balance increase then Add in the object Balance and if target balance decrease then Less from the object balance. You will get the right answer If still feel any problem then feel free to call me at my cell no. 09414072365 Pushpendra Pushpendra2 @ yahoo.com
1 Like
(Guest)
Please send BRS format, How to prepaer the statment and example

CA Dushyant Maharishi (CA) (178 Points)
Replied 03 March 2008

BRS is nothing but the diffrence between the cash book and pass book. Hence it is very easy to find out the diffrence by finding of cheques to be deposited entry and issued cheques for further information u have to prefer reference book.
(Guest)
how could i make brs
(Guest)
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO OPEN DEMAT A/C?

O.D.SHARMA (DGM-F & A) (1734 Points)
Replied 10 March 2008

This is basically Diff.between company bank Book Balance & Bank passbook balance.u have to make sure thatBank charges, Cheque deposited but not cleared& Cheque issued but not presented are accounted and tallied with is called BRS
(Guest)

please send BRS format,How to prepare the BRS with example.

(Guest)

How is prepare will be bank reconceliation statement. please send me the details.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" please send BRS format,How to prepare the BRS with example. "

bhuvana (Accounts) (141 Points)
Replied 01 August 2008

Jinish ji, venkat ji & vimal ji.......attaching a self explanatory XL file as BRS example .....if u find a prob in understanding, pls leave a note

Attached File : 17 brs example.xls downloaded: 293 times
(Guest)
"
please send me the BRS format with the examples

"
please send BRS format,How to prepare the BRS with example.
"

"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags