Balance P/L for ITR4 for salaried w derivative speculative

Derivate losses in ITR4 - where to put these

Hi. I wanted to know where to include the derivative losses in form ITR 4. I am a salaried employee with derivative losses in the stock market, income from short term capital gain and day trading gains.
 
. I am confused, should I include anything in nature of business?
What about balance sheet and P&L.I have none of these computed. So where do I put the losses of derivatives.
Also, is it possible to offset the losses in derivatives with the profit in short term capital gains through securities transaction.
Please let me know. Would appreciate if you could tell me the exact specific lines where I include these items in the ITR4. Many Thanks for your help
Replies (8)

LOSS FROM DERIVATIVE WILL BE TREATED AS ORDINARY BUSINESS LOSS  & AVAILABLE FOR SET OFF AGAINST SHORT TERM CAPITAL GAIN

It seems u r totally in dliemma regarding the following things:

a) Setoff of derivatives loss against STCG?

Ans: Business loss cannot be set off against STCG on sale of shares

b) Some Particulars of ITR to be filled in

Ans: U may end up in preparing defective return.... U may contact any CA to prepare ur IT Return.. U may also mail me the entire details, ur derivatives loss computation, shares income to my mail ID ca.shaileshk @ gmail.com for the preparation of Return.

Any other assistance, feel free to ask

Hi P,

Derivative income/loss shall be deemed to be business income/loss u/s 43(5). So it should be icluded as business income and you need to prepare the financial statement for this in case 44AA or 44AB is applicable to you.

Yup you can setoff it with STCG u/s 71.

Put it under point 51 "No Account Case".

Oops....

I made a Blunder Mistake..........

Yes. Business Loss can be setoff against STCG on sale of shares.. I take my words back

no matter its ok

 u can set off rightly said by tinku

Dear All

I am thankful for such overwhelming response. However, my simple query is as below:

I made losses on speculation(intraday), business(fno) and short term(delivery and BTSTs). I am able to enter speculative (BP B.23-41) and short term losses quite well. Problem is in business losses, i have entered as below.

Profit before tax as per profit and loss account (item 43  or item 51d of Part A-P&L ) 1 -136817
Net profit or loss from speculative business included in 1 2 -40023

fno loss, 96794, speculative loss 40023.

Now, I need to know, do I have to enter anything other than 'PARTB - TI - TTI', 'BP', 'CG-OS', 'EI',

Nature of Business Filled   Schedule CFL Filled
Schedule DPM Empty   Schedule 80 IA Empty
Schedule DOA Empty   Schedule 80 IB Empty
Schedule ESR Empty   Schedule 80 IC Empty
      Schedule STTC Empty
      Schedule EI Filled

I hope I am able to share my problem well.. this I feel is general doubt faces by all ppl like me :(.

 

Did you get a response to your last query? I also have the same questions.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details