Avoid real state transactions in cash

I intend to sell a property, while doing so I would like to do all transactions in white. I think it will be difficult to find a buyer who is ready to make all payments via cheques. Also is it legally possible to have a transaction which is at a premium above the circle rate but still get the registry done on the circle rate, this is the second roadblock that I may have as buyer may not be ready to take the hit in terms of higher stamp duty. Can anyone please suggest the way out? How should I look for a potential buyer? What are other probelms I can face and their possible solution?

Replies (3)

Circle rateor Actual consideration which ever is Higher will be taken as your Consideration for Capital Gains

Yes for calculating capital gains but what about for stamp duty? Can the registration of property be done on circle rates while the acutal consideration is higher?

Same will be applicable for Stamp Duty. Which ever is Higher will be considered. See Stamp Duty Act / Rules of Your State & If you are from AP then see AP Stamp Duty Act & Rules. For other states there should be similar Acts & Rules of the State. & as for Income tax Provision is concerned for Capital gaing see Sec 50C

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details