Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

Aual return 2017-18

Venkatesan Ramanujam   07 December 2019

Venkatesan Ramanujam

2 likes  78 points

| My Other Post

we have filed anual returns for the year 2017-18. But for the month of August 2017 we have not filed GSTR1 but filed GSRR3B and paid the Tax due. Because of non filing of GSTR1 the party whom we have sold unable to use the input (they have used but have to pay that used input when filing their annual return)
we have paid the Tax but again we have to pay the sellers,!
Please guide me what I have to do whether can I file GSTR1 for the month of August 2017.
Yours,
R Venkaresan

1 Like
avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     08 December 2019

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3136 likes  41912 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dear Venkatesan

Now you cannot file your GSTR 1 for August 2017 , yes can give the client Undertaking in writing that , the Tax for the bill issued is deposited in GSTR 3B .

Note : I hard to digest that you have filed your annual return for which the GSTR 1 is pending . Portal do allow you to file Annual return for the period wherein any return is pending .

avater

kedarnath (1)     08 December 2019

kedarnath
 1 likes  28 points

If any return is pending portal never allow to file annual return and the GSTR-9 never eneble

avater

Shivam RC (Student)     08 December 2019

Shivam RC
Student 
 1668 likes  13675 points

Absolutely agree with Kedarnath.

Without filing all your FORM GSTR-1 and FORM GSTR-3B for FY 2017-18, the common portal ( www.gst.gov.in ) will not allow you to proceed to file ANNUAL RETURN ( FORM GSTR-9 ).

1 Like

Piali Roy Chowdhury   08 December 2019

Piali Roy Chowdhury

7 likes  232 points

Without filing GSTR-1, you cannot file Annual Return

avater

Venkatesan Ramanujam   09 December 2019

Venkatesan Ramanujam

2 likes  78 points

Thank you for your response. actually what happens is we have filed July return and we opted to file Gstr1 by selecting quarterly filing. when filing Gstr1 for quarter September we have forgotten to add details of August in Gdtr1. Now all my buyers of August unable find their purchase details in 2A. Please guide whether I can add details of sales of August 2017. But we have included the sales relating to August while filing annual return and no tax due. Since we opted to quarterly return the portal allows us to file annual return. Please guide me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »