Assessment year mistake

Vinod Guleria (SR IT executive) (25 Points)

03 April 2014  

Dear Sir,

I filed my e-return for the first time online myself last year in july 2013, and made a mistake by filing it for the assessment year 2012-13 instead of 2013-14.

Now its showing outstanding tax of 10K against my PAN online.

What should i do next, pls suggest.

1. Should i file e-return for 2013-14 or is there a way to get it rectified by IT deptt.

2. Besides, what to do with this outstanding tax amount, as the tax is already deducted by my employer, i shouldn't be paying tax anymore.


Thanks & Regards,