Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

Assessment under secion 147 and 148

Chirag Sharma   11 February 2020

Chirag Sharma

14 points

| My Other Post

what if roi is not filed in response to notice under section 148 of income tax by assessee

avater

Dipesh Jha (PRACTICE )     11 February 2020

Dipesh Jha
PRACTICE  
 32 likes  586 points

View Profile | My Other Post

AO me go for Best Judgement Assessment

Chirag Sharma

14 points

Does section 144 give power to AO to proceed if return not filed in response to section 148 notice

avater

Dipesh Jha
PRACTICE  
 32 likes  586 points

Yes
if Assessee do not reply then he can go for section 144

Chirag Sharma

14 points

Kindly provide with relevant clause of the act

avater

Dipesh Jha
PRACTICE  
 32 likes  586 points

Plz refer section 144(1) which tells that if assessee fails to reply to Notice issued u/s 142(1) or 143(2) the AO can go for best judgement assessment

avater

rama krishnan   11 February 2020

rama krishnan

910 likes  9782 points

Best judgment assessment.

144. [1] If any person—

[a] fails to make the return required under sub-section [1] of section 139 and has not made a return or a revised return under sub-section [4] or sub-section [5] of that section, or

[b] fails to comply with all the terms of a notice issued under sub-section [1] of section 142 or fails to comply with a direction issued under sub-section [2A] of that section, or

[c] having made a return, fails to comply with all the terms of a notice issued under sub-section [2] of section 143,

avater

Dipesh Jha
PRACTICE  
 32 likes  586 points

Mr. Rama Krishna dont reproduce the provisons of Income Tax here....any body can go and read it...its better if u solve the query and make referrence of section only....

avater

rama krishnan   11 February 2020

rama krishnan

910 likes  9782 points

Mr. Dipesh, your attention is drawn to Mr. chirag's query wherein he has asked to provide relevant clause of the act. so the same is provided. moreover, you please give replies relevant to the query asked. the query is about what would be the consequences if the assessee does not file ROI in response to notice under section 148 and not about non-compliance to notice under section 142(1) or 143(2).

avater

Dipesh Jha
PRACTICE  
 32 likes  586 points

Mr. Rama Krishna, if i have wrongly answered thn u should correct it instead of reproducing the Income tax law becoz i hv already make a reference of that....if u really want to answer the question thn u should make me correct .....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »