Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ask Any Tally-Accounting Package Related Query?

Page no : 12

santosh (-) (21 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

hello sir. my name is santosh. i have done my bachelors in computer science. now i applied for my masters in professional accounting in australia. (as i am uninterested in computer science).

I dont know any thing abt accounting, i want to learn something abt accounting (basics) before going to australia. i applied in australia for feb-2012 intake.

Can you plz suggest me what i need to study?? and what course i need to join??  i dnt have much time...

when i searched in net i am getting courses like accounting packages, tally etc. i am not able to decide in which course i need to join nd learn so that i feel comfortable after goin to australia.

And one more thing, am i stepping wrong by shifting my course?? i am shifting my course bcoz i dint not do well in my bachelors. actually i selected Computer science in bachelors bcoz of my parents force. now i already wasted 4 years, i dint gain any knowledge in computer science and again i dont want to waste  2 more years by doing masters in same Computer science. so i want to shift my course. nd i selected Masters in professional accounting ( in which i have some interest).  Plz analyze this nd give me ur suggestions.

Waiting for a quick nd positive reply. Thank You Sir.

Exshail (Software) (1576 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

Originally posted by : santosh

hello sir. my name is santosh. i have done my bachelors in computer science. now i applied for my masters in professional accounting in australia. (as i am uninterested in computer science).

I dont know any thing abt accounting, i want to learn something abt accounting (basics) before going to australia. i applied in australia for feb-2012 intake.

Can you plz suggest me what i need to study?? and what course i need to join??  i dnt have much time...

when i searched in net i am getting courses like accounting packages, tally etc. i am not able to decide in which course i need to join nd learn so that i feel comfortable after goin to australia.

And one more thing, am i stepping wrong by shifting my course?? i am shifting my course bcoz i dint not do well in my bachelors. actually i selected Computer science in bachelors bcoz of my parents force. now i already wasted 4 years, i dint gain any knowledge in computer science and again i dont want to waste  2 more years by doing masters in same Computer science. so i want to shift my course. nd i selected Masters in professional accounting ( in which i have some interest).  Plz analyze this nd give me ur suggestions.

Waiting for a quick nd positive reply. Thank You Sir.

I suggest you to learn accounting by using very good & powerful as per priniciple of Book keeping, one free version of Busy Accounting software as it is a self learning software with good examples in its Help File to became a master in it.

deepak pralhad saraswat (clerk) (25 Points)
Replied 04 December 2011

dear  sir

how  can  i come  back  to gateway  of tally  

by using  any short cut keys  

other  than using  esc  key is 

there any  short cut key 

CA Amisha (Practicing ) (161 Points)
Replied 15 December 2011

should VAT amount be calculated in delivery note,,??

Mani.V (C.E.O) (81 Points)
Replied 10 January 2012

Originally posted by : Amisha

Its Possible.

Mani.V (C.E.O) (81 Points)
Replied 10 January 2012

Originally posted by : Amisha

Its Possible.

Sana Samba Murty (Accountant,CA-IPCC) (81 Points)
Replied 16 February 2012

Sir, iam using quick books and Tally

How can i Change my date format in Quickbooks

Can i do Undo in Tally

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15090 Points)
Replied 17 February 2012

Originally posted by : Sana Samba Murty

Sir, iam using quick books and Tally

How can i Change my date format in Quickbooks

Can i do Undo in Tally

To change the format to DD/MM/YYYY in QuickBooks, go to your Start Menu> Control Panel > Region and Language options, change the short date format to DD/MM/YYYY

You can't undo in Tally without any attached TDL program.

jaya pandey (accountant) (97 Points)
Replied 25 April 2012

I want Tally 9 release 3.o package.... how can got on net.

deepa (ipcc) (71 Points)
Replied 27 April 2012

i work in a trading company now tally erp 9 gold installed tally people set cost centers as sales man

but when i enter a purchase invoice it ask for which cost centers it should allocate  i created a cost center as direct expense and allocated  it is that correct , cost centers has to be allocated to different deptments right , here they are using two cost center (two salesman) also to calcualte their commission

Moon (31 Points)
Replied 01 May 2012

I raise service tax invoice from Tally.Erp 9. Some of my clients does not pay service tax amount and only pay the work amount. I want to know how to track these types of payment so that I can easily track the bills against which Service tax is pending. I want to print client wise pending service tax payment.

ramdas (accountant) (26 Points)
Replied 10 May 2012

ir, if tally erp 9 - while updating excel files from tally the tax part ( for 5% & 13.5% of kerala vat) is not displayed. the same problem is also in form 52. pls. help thanks ramdas (ramdaskmh @ gmail.com)

frank (owner) (131 Points)
Replied 12 May 2012

How do I cost a product in Tally inventory with exps like LC Chgs, Doc Fee, Customs, Port Handling, Transportation etc... I want to open a Goods in Transit A/c in Finance for an individual import consignment. The expenses should be shown in detail in the Good Receipt Note eg.Cost of Goods and at the bottom exps, thatz LC Chgs, Doc Fees etc. the expenses should be added to the items individually according to the value, to be automatically done by the system and these expenses should directly go to the credit of Goods in Transit A/c in Finance and square off this A/c because when we incur the expenses we will be debiting the Goods in Transit A/c.

Or is there any option of costing of goods in Tally, please inform, thanks in advance

frank (owner) (131 Points)
Replied 12 May 2012

Hi Mr.Dashrath, is there an option of costing goods in tally inventory. I would like to cost items imported but I want the details of expenses costed in the Good Receipt Note print out. The expenses should added to the items according to their value (ratio wise) and this should be taken care by the system itself. I will open a Goods in Transit A/c in Finance and debit all the expenses incurred like LC Chgs, Doc Fees, Customs, Port Handling Chgs, Transportation etc., all these expenses I want to add in the Good Receipt Note seperately at the bottom when costing and from there these expenses should be directly credited to the Goods In Transit A/c in Finance and square off. Is it possible please let me know, thanks in advance.

sumit (study) (39 Points)
Replied 18 June 2012

can we change TDS rates in tally 9

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: