AS THE CANDLE SLOWLY MELTS


AS THE CANDLE SLOWLY MELTS

I wearily close my eyes,
As the darkness of night falls.
On yet another lonely day,
trapped again within these walls.
I reach out to light a candle,
And watch intently at its flame.
As the playful dancing light,
Seems to whisper out my name.

Calling me forever closer,
Pulling me now further in.
As I drift off to dream,
From this tortured world of sin.
Consumed by the fire,
Releasing up my soul.
As my mind seems to wander.
In a state of lost control.

In these moments of distraction,
That my sanity’s now dealt.
The hours pass like seconds,
As the candle slowly melts.

In a corner of my mind,
The distant future's what I glimpse.
Of a hell made in heaven,
In a blood red rinse.
Where the angels of the devil,
Scream violently in pain.
Their enduring satisfaction,
Redeeming pleasure as their gain.

Like the decaying of a corpse,
Or rose petals as it wilts.
The hours pass like seconds,
As the candle slowly melts.

As I see beyond illusion,
Reality slips in again unseen.
For these moments of gratification,
Alas was just a dream.
As I struggle against temptation,
Self preservation's what I fight.
But this battles nearly over,
And the end must fall tonight.

So as this burning mass of wax,
Nears the end of its belt.
My life will soon be over,
As the candle slowly melts.

Replies (3)

nice

Hi

Gud 1.........

nice

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details