Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Articleship~ pls help

Tithi (-) (111 Points)

05 August 2008  

I hav cleared PE2 on 30th last month. this was my 3rd attempt. i had worked hard in every attempt, but finally i got through. as i am young now...i didnt feel the pressure of failing and trying again. BUT in order to give my 100% in Nov 2010 Final, i am considering taking a dummy articleship.

I knw tht i wont get work exposure and all. But which is better, according to ur experience, PE2 passout with work ex or Final passout without work ex.

Moreover, i am planning to join a firm aftr 2yrs of articleship i.e aftr sitting for the Final. So i will b havin 1-yr practical exp. i.e 3rd yr of articleship.

Am i risking too much?? pls help.
1. how much -ve effect of dummy falls on attempting the Final ? any huge relation to syllabus?
2. if i pass CA Final by 23-24, and work for the last yr of articleship, how much will i be losing.

9 Replies

madhur gupta (student/article ) (1022 Points)
Replied 05 August 2008

hey.....

i think u r too scaring of c.a.final

u should join articleship now for atleast 6-8 months,it will give u break also from pe2 burden,then u may go for studies n join balance training after c.a.attempt

final not required 3 years study,it will become boring

viral bhagdev (student) (46 Points)
Replied 05 August 2008

well i ve cleared my p.e.2 on last nov. i.e.nov 2007, and that was unfortunately my 6th attempt.. now i m 25 then also i m doing articleship rite now... dont go for dummy... u will realise that practical world is altogether diffrent from theoritical... previously i was thinking in the same way as u r thinking rite now.. so dont go for dummy.. experience is required...thanx for such a question...

A____ __A (Student All-ways) (275 Points)
Replied 05 August 2008

hi,

i am akash oza.i have just clered my cpt exam and right now i am in pcc.

i was having same thought .but when i join article ship i have realized that whithout articleship your studies will be boring.

when u do articleship, you will see the actual b/s,p/l acc, and other transectiopn and you will really feell gr8.you do audit work which will be cost in thousands of rupees for your principal.

so it feels gr8

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 05 August 2008

Hi Friends

I will rather suggest that you should do practical traing for one year first. That will enhance your practical knowledge. Side by side you can prepare subjects like Accounts, Audit and Law easily. If your CA has much work of tax then you can also get knowledge about tax. After one year, you can solely concentrate on other subjects. I think you will then feel much better, rather then taking dummy seat now. If you secured some rank, then you can join some big CA firm to enhance your exposure. But dummy seat is no surety that you will pass exams in 1st attempt. Infact best comes out of a man when he passes through hard phases in life. Best of Luck !!!

vaibhav malhotra (CA(FINAL)) (24 Points)
Replied 05 August 2008

Originally posted by :Tithi
" I hav cleared PE2 on 30th last month. this was my 3rd attempt. i had worked hard in every attempt, but finally i got through. as i am young now...i didnt feel the pressure of failing and trying again. BUT in order to give my 100% in Nov 2010 Final, i am considering taking a dummy articleship.
I knw tht i wont get work exposure and all. But which is better, according to ur experience, PE2 passout with work ex or Final passout without work ex.
Moreover, i am planning to join a firm aftr 2yrs of articleship i.e aftr sitting for the Final. So i will b havin 1-yr practical exp. i.e 3rd yr of articleship.
Am i risking too much?? pls help.
1. how much -ve effect of dummy falls on attempting the Final ? any huge relation to syllabus?
2. if i pass CA Final by 23-24, and work for the last yr of articleship, how much will i be losing.
"

you r right.

god bless u.

vaibhav malhotra

CA Nikhil Mittal (Manager (Audit)) (77 Points)
Replied 06 August 2008

Dear collageous It is better for you to do training for the first year & after that first year you can concontrate on your studies. 1. There is no large relation between the syllabus & practical training but subject like audit will surely effect. Even you can't enjoy during classes of final syllabus. 2. If you want to do articleship in last year than there will be much expectation from you So do not think about dummy articleship. Best of luck

Guddi (employee) (769 Points)
Replied 06 August 2008

Theory without practical knowledge won't fetch you anything in life, even if you have scored good marks in final or even got ranks.

sushma (Chartered accountant student)   (49 Points)
Replied 07 August 2008

I have cleared my PE2 on 30Th of July 08. This was my Third attempt. I am a resident of Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra I want to pursue my articleship training but dont know howto search for a CA firm for the same and also want to know the procedure for registration of article ship Pls recommend me some good CA firms for my articleship training 

Kamalkishore (student) (64 Points)
Replied 17 August 2008

Hey

Do ur articleship. it gives hands on experience. If u join a decen firm then u can cover almost al the subjects like accounts, Taxes, law, audit etc wtih ease. and 2 yrs sitting at home will not be great.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags