Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

Appointment of kmp

Prajwal Kumar   29 January 2020

Prajwal Kumar

1 likes  6 points

| My Other Post

can a company appoint one as kmp of company who has already holding office as kmp of other company?

avater

Neha Kuleria   29 January 2020

Neha Kuleria

2 points

View Profile | My Other Post

As per Sec 203(3) of The Companies Act, 2013 "A whole-time key managerial personnel shall not hold office in more than one company except in its subsidiary company at the same time:

Provided that nothing contained in this sub-section shall disentitle a key managerial personnel from being a director of any company with the permission of the Board:

Provided further that whole-time key managerial personnel holding office in more than one company at the same time on the date of commencement of this Act, shall, within a period of six months from such commencement, choose one company, in which he wishes to continue to hold the office of key managerial personnel:

Provided also that a company may appoint or employ a person as its managing director, if he is the managing director or manager of one, and of not more than one, other company and such appointment or employment is made or approved by a resolution passed at a meeting of the Board with the consent of all the directors present at the meeting and of which meeting, and of the resolution to be moved thereat, specific notice has been given to all the directors then in India."

Thus, a person can be appointed as KMP of more than one company provided he fulfils the requirements given in this sub-section.

avater

nidhigoel89 (Company Secretary )     01 February 2020

nidhigoel89
Company Secretary  
 66 likes  572 points

Exception has been provided for MD/WTD only......For KMP......same can be appointed in its wholly owned subsidiary only,........not in any other company

pritesh jain   03 February 2020

pritesh jain

7 likes  150 points

Yes if he is a Managing Director or the two companies have holding subsidiary relationship. but twist is that this section is applicable to public company only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »