Ao/ward/circle matter in case of e-filing? refund expected

I have filed my tax returns 2012-13 assessment year by e-filing, in that software/system chosen the ward based on the current address, which is JCIT- Range 12, Hyd but before that I was living in Bangalore and earned all my income in bangalore but I have moved to Hyd now. In all my previous returns (physical filing), it was specified as DCIT/ACIT CIR 14(1). I have huge refund.

I have noticed that my e-filing acknowledgement has this new jurisdiction JCIT- Range 12, Hyd. When I have talked to a trp, she said that I dont need to refile, tax filing software/system always chooses the jurisdiction based on the current address and since it is e-filing all returns are processed at Bangalore, I dont need to do anything.

Is this correct? please clarify.

In e-filing I have mentioned my current address as hyd but on incometax india website my address showing as Bangalore.

please advice on the steps that I need to do. I sincerely appreciate your time in answering this.

 

Replies (2)

DNT WRY....

PAN MIGRATION FACILITY AVAILBLE FOR YOU...!!

return will auto merge with pan data, however if you have shifted permanent then its wise to change your pan data by filing 49A

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details