I am planning to appear for CFA level1 in December should I take tuitions now or is it better to start after june? Does anyone know good institute in Mumbai? please suggest
I am planning to appear for CFA level1 in December should I take tuitions now or is it better to start after june? Does anyone know good institute in Mumbai? please suggest
| Originally posted by : Ravi Kumar | ||
![]() |
I am planning to appear for CFA level1 in December should I take tuitions now or is it better to start after june? Does anyone know good institute in Mumbai? please suggest |
![]() |
Hi Ravi
Even if you plan to take exams in December it’s better to start now
I cleared my CFA level I last June 2011 when I was in UK (for pursuing my MBA) and had taken coaching from “Global Banking Training” institute, the training was excellent and particularly the mock exams and the individual feedback helped me a lot to clear the exams.
| Originally posted by : sam | ||
![]() |
Originally posted by : Ravi Kumar I am planning to appear for CFA level1 in December should I take tuitions now or is it better to start after june? Does anyone know good institute in Mumbai? please suggest Hi Ravi Even if you plan to take exams in December it’s better to start now Best utilization of your time Practice makes you perfect You need to spend at least one month for revision I cleared my CFA level I last June 2011 when I was in UK (for pursuing my MBA) and had taken coaching from “Global Banking Training” institute, the training was excellent and particularly the mock exams and the individual feedback helped me a lot to clear the exams. |
![]() |
Hi Sam,
Congratulations to you for having cleared CFA level l.
Thanks for your suggestion, I agree it makes more sense to start the preparation early and give more time for revision. Do you have any idea whether Global Banking Training also has branches in India or do they conduct any online training? And what’s the cost for CFA level1 training?
Thanks in advance
Hi Ravi,
As I am currently working fulltime so preferred to take their online coaching for CFA Level ll but yes they do have training centre in Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore and the fee for CFA level l training is INR16000 and you can get more details by visiting their website www.globalbankingtraining.com also they conduct job oriented training programs related to investment banking which I am planning to take after finishing my CFA level ll exams this June.
| Originally posted by : sam | ||
![]() |
Hi Ravi, As I am currently working fulltime so preferred to take their online coaching for CFA Level ll but yes they do have training centre in Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore and the fee for CFA level l training is INR16000 and you can get more details by visiting their website www.globalbankingtraining.com also they conduct job oriented training programs related to investment banking which I am planning to take after finishing my CFA level ll exams this June. |
![]() |
Hi Sam,
I recently completed my MBA and very much interested to work only in front office investment bank roles, so I am very much eager to know whether this Global banking training institute conducts training for front office investment banking roles or is it related to back office roles. Because I don’t want to work in back office operations.
Ravi, Taking classes will reduce the learning time. i know of a close friend who is currently taking his coaching from academy of financial training, (in vile parle west) for his Level 1 and seems pretty satisfied with the training. i may enroll with them for the December attempt. you may check their website for further details
i think it is ftacademy.in else please google them out
good luck!
Hitesh
Hi Giri,
You are right after doing an MBA there is no point working in a back office role, besides I guess one doesn’t need a training to get in to back office role which is more process oriented job. I decided to take up training because basically in most of the interviews related to equity research or front office investment banking roles, they ask you questions more related to merger deals or test your comfort level in building basic financial models. In my last interview with a boutique firm, I couldn’t answer questions related to M&A so I decided to go for a training which is more application oriented and hence chose to do from Global banking training
Those interested in CFA, do check this link:
www.houseofknowledge.in
Those interested in CFA, do check this link
www.houseofknowledge.in
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies
Click here to Login / Register
Malhotra Rajesh & Associates
New Delhi
B.Com
View Details
CA Suraj Garg & Associates
New Delhi
CA Final
View Details
AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP
Thane
CA Final
View Details
Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.
New Delhi
CA Inter
View Details
CCI
Pro
India's largest network for
finance professionals