An appeal to all ca final (new) who appeared in may 10

CA Anuj (Chartered Accountant) (230 Points)

28 May 2010  

I am requesting you all to file a request with ICAI to give proportionate marks from the questions asked out of syllabus in the may, 10 exam. The link is given below:

https://www.icai.org/help/

I have also complained. My text of complaint is given bbelow. You may send a smaller request. That depends upon the time available to you. May be they will consider if number of requests are given to them. Its no harm giving it a try. Besides, what does it takes?????

TEXT:

"

I am a proud student of the esteemed institute, entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring that the growth, we have got, remains so, unabated, by vetting the disclosures and compliances etc. So far our institute has lived up to the expectations of the nation. That is why we still are regarded and our relevance has always increased with the changing times.

We have also seen ICAI’s efforts to make the Indian quality in this field, global. And in a short span of time, the success is visible, astonishing though.

Now what all the ICAI has is respect, faith and Intellect only. So my deadliest dream can only be the deterioration in it.

What Satyam could bring to the esteem, is all visible. So, I believe what I, will talk here will make sense of investing time in it.

This May I appeared in the CA final New course exam, both group, 1st attempt. Everybody knows that in CA final there is nothing called syllabus. Anything you are going to face in real world can be asked. So syllabus is either not defined or defined in a wider sense.

Kind of free fight, no rules. Yup!!!!!!!!!

I prepared for that. But, what to do when the rules are fixed???

Logically follow the rules.

That’s what I done. But unfortunately the umpires themselves are not adhering to the rule book.

Some days before the exam Board of Studies announced either in ICAI’s website or RTPs that some topics relevant to Law and Accounts paper wont be asked. But you asked the questions worth 12+12 marks.

It is not a hidden fact that students pass the exam TOO marginally. So in that case, they stand to lose the race only because of some careless announcement. There is no forum in ICAI to resolve the Students/ articles grievances. So I am shooting my problem here only.

When BoS itself is saying that these parts are out of scope of exam, then there was no logic of studying those things. Otherwise everybody would have prepared the topics.

Now my appeal is that you should give proportionate marks to each student. For e.g. If a student is scoring 44 marks or 50% out of 88 marks paper then he should be entitled to 50% of 12 marks. Logical!!!!!!

Out of syllabus portion:

Accounts             AS 30,31,32

Law                       Winding up, SEBI Guidelines.

Either there should be no rules or if rules are there, they should be adhered.

Even Kasab was given a fair trial. We deserve better.

IF THIS ISSUE DOES NOT PERTAIN TO THE READER, THEN HE MAY KINDLY FORWARD IT TO CONCERNED DEPARTMENT.

"