Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amendment in gst registration.

Vikas Chauhan   21 May 2020

Vikas Chauhan

41 points

| My Other Post

Can Anyone guide me with the procedure to change the address in gst registration certificate.

please assist.
thanks

avater

Asha Kanta Sharma (Manager - Finance & Accounts)     21 May 2020

Asha Kanta Sharma
Manager - Finance & Accounts 
 103 likes  5127 points

View Profile | My Other Post

GST Amendment – Changes to Address

In case of any changes to the address of principal place of business or any additional place of business, GST FORM REG-14 can be filed. For changes to address, proof of address for the new location must be provided in the GST registration amendment application. Accepted proof of address include:

• For Own Premises: Any document in support of the ownership of the premises like latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of Electricity Bill.
  • For Rented or Leased premises: A copy of the valid Rent / Lease Agreement with any document in support of the ownership of the premises of the Lessor like Latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of Electricity Bill.
  • For premises not falling under any of the above category: A copy of the Consent Letter with any document in support of the ownership of the premises of the Consenter like Municipal Khata copy or Electricity Bill copy. For shared properties also, the same documents may be uploaded.
  • For rented/leased premises where the Rent/lease agreement is not available: An affidavit to that effect along with any document in support of the possession of the premises like copy of Electricity Bill.
  • If the principal place of business is located in an SEZ or the applicant is an SEZ developer: Necessary documents/certificates issued by Government of India are required to be uploaded.

All changes to address recorded in the GST portal must be updated within 15 days of change. On making an application for change of GST address, the GST office would approve the change within 15 days. The date of amendment on approval by the Officer would he the date of occurrence of the event warranting the amendment.

avater

Vikas Chauhan   21 May 2020

Vikas Chauhan

41 points

How to file form reg 14.
As I need to change place of business from Delhi to Haryana.

avater

Asha Kanta Sharma (Manager - Finance & Accounts)     21 May 2020

Asha Kanta Sharma
Manager - Finance & Accounts 
 103 likes  5127 points

You can only change the place within the state registered. If address is changed to some other state then you have to take fresh GST registration as GST registration number allotted to is based on STATE SPECIFIC CODE ONLY.

munish gupta   21 May 2020

munish gupta

1 likes  20 points

You need a new Gst no. for other state

avater

Vikas Chauhan   22 May 2020

Vikas Chauhan

41 points

But I want to shift my business from Delhi to Haryana.

avater

jashwanth (vijayawada)     23 May 2020

jashwanth
vijayawada 
 55 likes  398 points

First you have to apply for registration cancellation, then apply for new registration in new place of business!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register