Acknowledgement for e-rectification

For assessment year 2011-12, I had filed IT-return through https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do on 1st Aug 2011. Sometime in end of Sept, I received a demand for some amount.

I realised that my the excel sheet I used for filing return had some macro issue and hence interest against my housing load was not calculated in certain cases properly. I updated the xls properly and submitted the corrected .xml in a rectification request online at  https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do. I submitted this sometime on 2nd week of Oct. 

While, I am yet to receive any communication from IT dept on my rectification request; I received a detail letter asking me to pay the amout or file rectification request.

Please let me know if I have to resubmit the rectification request? Also, how will I get confiration from IT dept on acceptance of my rectification request.

 

Thanks a lot for your help and expert comments.

 

Regards

 

 

Replies (2)

Dont revise your return again. You had already revised ur ITR so there in no need to revise the return.

 

Wait for the communication or even you can mail your question on ask @ incometaxindia.gov.in or 1800-425-2229.

Dear Kiran,

1) Go to Income Tax efiling site;

2) Login to ur PAN;

3) Go to My Account - Rectification - Rectification Status;

4) u can also contact CPC Banglore at 18004252229 (Tollfree).

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details