Accounting for ecommerce sellers

Hi,  I am a new amazon seller. I am trying to maintain accounting on my own. Whenever a sale is made, we ship the product to customer. The invoice is generated from the amazon site on the specified date on the name of customer. So, how can I record this entry? Opening an entry on every customer name or can I simply make it in name of Amzon?  Please, explain it in simple terms. I don't know much about accounting. It will be a great help.

 

Replies (1)

Hello Sir,

You are dealing with Amason and receiving payment from amason and not to the customer, so you have to maintain amason account, i dont know whether you are registered under GST or not if you are registered person while filing returns you have to show it under e-commerce operation. while passing entry clearly mention the customer details (must maintain customer record for shipment clarification )    

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details