About itr for freelancer(software engineer)

Hello everybody,

I was working as a employee april - nov. after that I leave that job Now I am working as freelancer(Software engineer - just serving my service). my annual Income is less then 2 - Lac, But I want to submit my ITR.

Now my question is that how I fill my ITR  & with wich form.

Replies (3)

hello,

Since you were a software engineer till nov 2012 , you were in receipt of salary income.

From dec 2012 you were a freelancer. So The income from then on can be deemed as income from business or profession.

You can fill up your IT return in ITR 2.

Find the compressed file below.

 

REgards

manoj

hello manoj,

First thanks for your help, But I hear about ITR 4 and ITR 4 S for getting income by proffesion, So that I have confusion about it...


 

hemant ,

My bad...

Im sorry... It is ITR 4 not ITR 2(that has to be filed in your case).

ITR 4S is only for those assessees where the income is computed as per the special provisions of 44AD and 44 AE.

So ITR 4!!!!!!

regards

:-P

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details