A short reminder

RaGHuRaM (The Easy are never Good and the Good are never Easy....)   (4952 Points)

13 February 2012  

A  man  came  home  from  work  late,  tired  and  irritated,  to  find  his  5 years old son waiting for him at the door. Son: - "Daddy, May I ask you a question?" Daddy: - "Yeah sure, what it is?"

Son: - "Dad, how much do u make an hour?

Daddy: - "That's none of your business. Why you ask such a thing?”

that man said angrily

Son: -" I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"

Daddy: -" If you must know, I make Rs.500 an hour." "Oh," the little boy  replied,  with  his  head  down,  looking  up,  he  said,  "Dad,  may  I please borrow Rs 300?

The father was furious," If the only reason u asked that is so u can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or other nonsense, then march yourself to your room and go to bed, Think why u are being so selfish.

I work hard everyday for such this childish behaviour."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think "May be there was something he really needed to buy with that Rs. 300 and he really didn't ask for money very often! " The man went

to the door of little boy's room and opened the door.” Are u asleep, son?" He asked. No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

I've  been  thinking,  may  be  I  was  too  hard  on  you  earlier,"  said  the man,  it's  been  a  long  day  and  I  took  out  my  aggravation  on  you. Here's the Rs. 300 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh thank you dad!" He yelled. Then,  reaching  under  his  pillow  he  pulled  some  crumpled  up  bills. The man seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The  little  boy  slowly  counted  out  his  money,  then  looked  up  at  his father.”  Why  do  you  want  money  if  you  already  have  some?"  the father  grumbled.”  Because  I  didn't  have  enough,  but  now  I  do,"  the little boy replied.

"Daddy, I have Rs. 500 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come  home  early  tomorrow.  I  would  like  to  have  dinner  with  you”.

The Moral of the Story:- It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our  fingers  without  having  spent  some  time  with  those  who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace  us  in  a  matter  of  days.  But  the  family  &  friends  we  leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it,  we  pour  ourselves  more  into  work  than  to  our  family.  An  unwise investment indeed!!!