A/c entry of mutual fund

Suppose I've invested Rs.1,00,000.00 in a Mutual Fund on 01/04/2010 and the same amount again on 01/04/2011 & 01/04/2012, totalling my investment to Rs. 3,00,000.00. Now, I redeem it on 31/03/2012 for which I receive Rs.4,50,000. How can I show all the entries in accounting?

Also, how much of all the investments and its dividend exempted from income tax ?

Thanks in advance.

Replies (3)

I hope so you sold your investment on 31/03/2013.

1) Mutual fund a/c 100000

to bank a/c                   100000

Same entry for next 2 years

2) Bank a/c Dr  450000

to Mutual fund a/c 300000

to Profit on mutual fund A/c 150000

 

Regarding exemption it depend upon whether it is debt fund or equity.

If it is Debt fund than it is taxable. if Equity than exepmt if it is held for more than 1 year.

If it is Debt fund than it is taxable. if Equity than exepmt if it is held for more than 1 year.
 

what is a debt fund actually? Is it in anyway related to debenture issues?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details