Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

143(1)

Devayani (BYU) (33 Points)

20 September 2011  

I have received 143(1) statement issued from Income tax department stating I have Amount payable close to 15K for the AY 2008-2009
Following are my concerns:
1. I am not clear about this Amount payable. As far as I know my Form16 and ITR-V are fine for that AY. Also my Form 26AS shows correct computations. What can I do now? 
2. Why the statement after 5 years,for the amount payable they have also charged me interest? Shouldnt this notice have been sent earlier? Is it valid now?

Thanks,
Devayani

14 Replies

ashish gupta ( student) (1917 Points)
Replied 20 September 2011

You should just post a reply mentioning the details and clearly showing that no tax is payable by you

ashish gupta ( student) (1917 Points)

And yes the intimation is time barred and not valid. you can mention that fact in your subsequent correspondence if any.
1 Like

Mihir (Wealth Manager) (5288 Points)

Write a rectification letter u/s 154 to ITO attaching your computation of income, copy of ITR, TDS certificates if any, challans for tax paid, and 26AS print out.

Originally posted by : Mihir

Write a rectification letter u/s 154 to ITO attaching your computation of income, copy of ITR, TDS certificates if any, challans for tax paid, and 26AS print out.

Thank you for your response. This rectification letter u/s 154, is it a seperate form or simply i can post a letter and mention section 154?

You can even do it online from https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do

My Accounts > Rectification > Rectification upload.

You can even do it online from https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do

My Accounts > Rectification > Rectification upload.

I tried doing it but it asks for various CPC order no. and other details which I do not have. Also I called CPC customer care where they told me I should personally go and meet IT officer.

I have received the notification by post. Can you tell me if I can reply using post only?

CPC Number is Communication reference no. which you can see on the right hand side of your intimation u/s 143 (1)

Ravindra kumar (student) (87 Points)

According to my experience got these types of notification after return file of the clients. so i suggest to u  interact  to the income tax office with a letter as well as form 16.

Originally posted by : Ravindra kumar
According to my experience got these types of notification after return file of the clients. so i suggest to u  interact  to the income tax office with a letter as well as form 16.

Thanks Guess I am going to do that. As CPC guys are not taking any responsibility for this and there is no CPC reference number in the intimation. 

You must have received the old version of 143(1) wherein you will see acknowledgement number and not CPC number. You must have filed this return offline. Write a letter u/s 154 rectification requesting them to rectify their records and give you the tax credit because as per 26AS, you have paid the tax.

1 Like

You must have received the old version of 143(1) wherein you will see acknowledgement number and not CPC number. You must have filed this return offline. Write a letter u/s 154 rectification requesting them to rectify their records and give you the tax credit because as per 26AS, you have paid the tax.

Yes Mihir, I guess I had filed this offline as it was long back in 2007. Even the acknowledgement no. is mentioned as ****** and not the actual number.

By this reply do you mean I should simply write a letter to the officer and mention section 154 and tell them to rectify their records by supplying relevant docs: ITR-V, Form16 and Form 26AS? 

Rectification u/s 154 for A.Y. 2008-09

"I am in receipt of an intimation u/s 143(1) of the Income Tax Act for A.Y. 2008-09 intimating  me of a demand due of Rs.00,00,00/-. However on perusal of the intimation it is noticed that your office while assessing has not given credit for the TDS of Rs. 00,00/-, Advance Tax of Rs. 00,000/- and Self Assessment Tax paid of Rs.00,00/- which has resulted into the demand.

In view of the above, request your goodself to rectify the assessment by giving credit of the TDS, Advance Tax & Self Assessment Tax and delete the interest levy and issue the ensuing refund at the earliest (copy of TDS certificates, copy of Advance Tax & copy of Self Assessment Tax Challans are attached herewith for your immediate perusal.)"

1 Like

Mihir,

Thanks for the contents of actual letter, I will take this forward.

Only glitch remains is that the TDS and Self Assesment tax from my ITR-V and the intimation matches. But they have given a Total tax is Rs XX,XXX and the tax prepaid is Rs YY,YYY( this prepaid tax matches to TDS and Self Assesment Tax from ITR-V). I am not sure where did they get the value RsXX, XXX from( which is not in any of my documents) Hence they have got a demand of Rs XX,XXX- Rs YY,YYY

I will modify the contents of your letter accordingly and send it to the IT officer though

Thanks again,

Devayani

Gorge Walton (Accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 14 February 2020

There are several notifications you will get if you didn't pay the total amount within a certain time. At starting, you will get 1 or 2 notification regarding your payment. If you didn't recognize that then it's not a big deal but if you missed the 3 and 4th payment notification then you will have to be worried. You have to know about the debt collection process and if you don't know then the creditors can take any legal action towards you. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags