Urgent : didn't received form 16 from previous employer

Deepak (Software Engineer) (27 Points)

06 January 2012  

Hi Experts,

My query is for Year 2010-11(last year). I had worked for two employers last year one from April, 2010 to Oct, 2010 and second from Oct,2010 to March'2011. Both the companies didn't deduct income tax from each month salary since total salary acc. to them was less than the first income tax slab. but originally it crossed the first slab (total taxable income: 1.86L) and i didn't recognised this thing last year and therefore didn't filed return.

Now i didn't have Form 16 from the previous employer but second has provided me the same. I want to put few question before your knowledge quest:

1) Can i fill Income return now for 2010-11 and with how much panulty/intrest ?and how shall i fill it without the Form 16 of previous employer?

2) If i fill the return with only Form 16 of second emplyoer, can IT dept. can create some problem later on, since all salaries from previous employer has been processed through my PAN no. ?

3) Does the IT dept keep all the records of my all earnings(processed through PAN)? How can i know all those online?

THanks guys!! would appreciate your help!!