Rajesh Sharma is a Chartered Accountant, with rich experience in Indirect tax laws. A commerce graduate from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara and an Associate Member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, he has over 5 years of experience in the areas of Indirect Tax with Clients across different verticals and geographies. During these years, he has worked in PwC, KPMG, and Marvel Landmarks Pvt. Ltd.
Some of his areas of Expertise include:
• Various Due Diligence assignments for review of Target entities with regard to their Indirect tax compliance status and highlighting of exposure tothe Investor .
• Service tax
– Litigation support and appearance before the tax authorities
– Assisting clients for preparation for EA audits
– Service tax advisory work on proposedcontracts/ arrangements and Service tax compliance work
• Value Added Tax (‘VAT’)
– Multistate VAT assessmentand litigation support toclients
– Multistate VAT Advisory and VAT Audit
– VAT refund assignment under various stateVAT laws
• Excise & Customs
– Review of various litigation matters and benefits availed under Excise and Customs regulations to provide an opinion as tothe management about he exposure involved.
• Local Body Tax (‘LBT’)
– With implementation of LBT w.e.f. April 2013, Rajesh has worked on setting up of process and controls for helping the organization in proper compliance with LBT regulation.
Presently a Partner in PSAC and Associates