Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
CEOs/CMDs of all General Insurers and Stand-Alone Health Insurers.
Sub: Standard Technical Note (Template)- Health Insurance
1. This circular is issued in exercise of the power vested under section 14(2)(e) of the IRDA Act, 1999.
2. Reference is drawn to the Circular No. IRDAI/ HLT/ REG/ CIR/ 194/ 07/ 2020 dated 22nd July, 2020 on “Consolidated Guidelines on Product filing in Health Insurance Business”. In terms of the above Circular, insurers are required to submit a Technical Note detailing pricing aspects of health insurance product filing.
3. In order to expedite the product clearance process, it has been decided to standardize the Technical Note so that insurers can provide all necessary details in a prescribed standard format. This will help to ensure uniformity amongst insurers in the matter of filing pricing and product related information for health insurance products.
4. Insurers shall submit Technical Note providing complete information and duly signed by the Appointed Actuary as per the prescribed format. The format is enclosed as Annexure – 1 with this Circular.
5. In case, a General Insurance packaged product has Health as one of its sections or covers, this Technical Note template shall be used for health portion of the packaged product.
6. This Technical Note format shall also be used while filing PA (Personal Accident) and Pilot health insurance products.
7. This Circular shall come into force with immediate effect.
(P K Arora)