Instruction No. 11/2021-Customs
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
North Block, New Delhi.
16th May, 2021.
All Principal Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioner of Customs/Custom (Preventive),
All Principal Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioner of Central Tax and Customs,
All Principal Commissioner/Commissioner of Customs /Custom (Preventive),
All Principal Commissioner/Commissioner of Central Tax and Customs.
Subject: – Revision in the import policy of Tur/Pigeon Peas, Moong and Urad – regarding
Reference is invited to Notification dated 15th May, 2021 issued vide S.O 1858 (E) by the Department of Commerce (copy attached) on the above subject.
2. Vide the said notification, the import policy for goods falling under HS Code 0713 with item description as Tur/Pigeon Peas (Cajanus Cajan); Moong [Beans of the SPP Vigna Radiata (L.) Wilczek] and Urad [Beans of the SPP Vigna Mungo (L.) Hepper] is revised from “Restricted” to “Free” with immediate effect and for the period upto 31st October 2021. Further, import consignments of these items with Bill of Lading issued on or before 31st October 2021 shall not be allowed by Customs beyond 30th November 2021.
3. Further, the Department of Consumer Affairs has separately advised that all concerned Departments/organizations including Customs shall ensure import of Pulses in a timely and seamless manner. It is also informed that the said imports would be closely monitored.
4. Board desires that all officers in your jurisdiction are immediately sensitised about the above mentioned changes in the import policy and advised to ensure without fail that such imports are expeditiously cleared upon
5. Difficulties faced, if any, in this regard may be immediately brought to the notice of the Board. Hindi version follows.
Encl: as above
(Eric C Lallawmpuia)
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
(Department of Commerce)
New Delhi, the 15th May 2021
S.O. 1858(E).- In exercise of powers conferred by section 3 read with section 5 of the Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act, 1992 (22 of 1992), read with paragraphs 1.02 and 2.01 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-2020, as amended from time to time, the Central Government, in supersession of Notification No. 19/2015-20 dated 5th August, 2017; Notification No. 22/2015-2020 dated 21st August, 2017; Notification S.O. 1266(E) dated 19th March, 2021; and Notification S.O. 1372(E) dated 26th March, 2021, hereby amends the import policy of the following items of Chapter 7 of ITC (HS), 2017, Schedule – I (Import Policy) with immediate effect and for the period up to 31st October 2021, as under:
|Exim Code||Item Description||Existing Import
|0713 60 00||Tur /Pigeon Peas (Cajanus Cajan)||Restricted||Free|
|0713 31 90||Moong [Beans of the SPP Vigna Radiata (L.) Wilczek]||Restricted||Free|
|0713 3110||Urad [Beans of the SPP Vigna Mungo (L.) Hepper]||Restricted||Free|
2. Further, for import of the above-mentioned three items, Bill of Lading should be issued on or before 31st October, 2021 and import of such consi2. gnment shall need to be cleared from Customs on or before 30th November, 2021.
3. Effect of the Notification: Import policy for Tur /Pigeon Peas (Cajanus Cajan); Moong [Beans of the SPP Vigna Radiata (L.) Wilczek] and Urad [Beans of the SPP Vigna Mungo (L.) Hepper] is revised from “Restricted” to “Free” with immediate effect and for the period up to 31st October 2021. Further, import consignments of these items with Bill of Lading issued on or before 31st October, 2021 shall not be allowed by Customs beyond 30th November 2021.
[F. No. 14/1/2021-EP(Agri-III)]
DIWAKAR NATH MISRA, Jt. Secy.
Note: The principal notification No. 36/2015-2020 dated the 17thJanuary, 2017 was published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary vide S.O. 172(E), dated the 17th January, 2017 and amended vide S.O. No. 1266 (E) dated 19th March 2021 and last amended vide S.O. No. 1372(E) dated 26th March, 2021.