Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Trade Notice No. 43/2020-2021-DGFT
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
All Exporters/Members of Trade
All Designated Issuing Agencies under FTAs/PTAs
Subject: Electronic filing and Issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) for India’s Exports under India-Mercosur PTA and India-Thailand EHS w.e.f. 25th February 2021
In continuation to the earlier Trade Notice(s) 34/2015-2020 dated 19.09.2019, 41/2019-2020 dated 12.12.2020, 53/2019-2020 dated 02.03.2020, 01/2020-2021 dated 07.04.2020 and 30/2020-2021 dated 13.10.2020, it is informed that the electronic platform for Preferential Certificate of Origin(CoO) is being expanded further to add two (2) more FTAs/PTAs to facilitate electronic application of Preferential Certificates of Origin under the given Trade Agreements.
2. The Preferential Certificate of Origin for exports to countries under the following trade agreements i.e.
i.India-Mercosur Preferential Trade Agreement
ii. India-Thailand Early Harvest Scheme
shall also be applied and issued from the CoO e-platform with effect from 25th February 2021. No manual application for such a CoO should be submitted to an issuing agency from 25th February 2021. Any manual applications submitted prior to the given date may however be processed by the issuing agencies.
3. It is informed that for these applications under the above mentioned Trade Agreements, the e-CoO system shall generate all the existing set of CoO copies besides an additional copy i.e. electronic copy. The electronic copy shall bear the image signature of the officer and stamp of the issuing agency. The exporter may however get the remaining copies duly ink-signed by the issuing officer along with the stamp of the issuing office. The paper copies of the CoOs so issued may be collected by post or in person, for any submission to the Trade Agreement’s partner countries authorities.
4. The concerned Indian Exporters may please take note of the following points with regard to the process being notified herewith:
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) would be required for the purpose of electronic submission. The digital signature would be the same as used in other DGFT applications;
- The digital signature may be Class II or Class III and should have the IEC of the firm embedded in the DSC;
- Any new applicant exporter would be required to initially register at the portal. The password would be sent on the email and mobile number of the IEC holder. In case the IEC holder desires to update their email on which communication is to be sent, the same may be done by using the ‘IEC Profile Management’ service on the DGFT website https://dgft.gov.in
- Once registration is completed, the IEC branch details would be auto-populated as per the DGFT-IEC database. Applicant is required to ensure that updated IEC details are available in the DGFT system. Necessary steps may be taken to modify the IEC details online, whenever required.
5. For further guidance on registration and application submission, the Help manual & FAQs may be accessed on the landing page at https://coo.dgft.gov.in . For any further assistance you may utilize any of the following channels —
- Raise a service request/suggestion ticket through the DGFT Helpdesk service
- Call the toll-free DGFT Helpdesk numbers
- Send an email to DGFT CoO Helpdesk at email@example.com
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
(Md. Moin Afaque)
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/02/82/AM-19/EDI)