September 29, 2009
To All Registered Merchant Bankers
Sub.: Filing of offer documents with the Board under Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2009
1. This has reference to SEBI circular no. SEBI/CFD/DIL/ICDRR/1/2009/03/09 dated September 3, 2009, informing all registered merchant bankers that SEBI (referred to as “the Board”) has framed the SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2009 (hereinafter referred to as “the
ICDR Regulations”) and that pursuant to the notification of the ICDR Regulations on August 26, 2009, the SEBI (Disclosure and Investor Protection) Guidelines, 2000 stand rescinded.
2. As per sub-regulations (1) and (4) of regulation 6 and sub-regulation (2) of regulation 10 of the ICDR Regulations, an issuer making a public issue or rights issue (where the aggregate value of specified securities offered is fifty lakh rupees or more) is required, inter-alia, to file a draft offer document or
an offer document, as the case may be, with the Board at various points of time.
3. Merchant bankers are hereby advised to file the draft offer documents or offer documents with a particular office of the Board based on the estimated
4. Merchant Bankers are further advised to file five copies of the draft offer documents or offer documents with the office indicated above.
5. All merchant bankers are advised to comply with the requirements of this circular. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under sub-section (1) of section 11 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework” and “Issues and Listing”.