Disclosure of regulatory orders and arbitration awards on Depository website
June 10, 2010
Sub: Disclosure of regulatory orders and arbitration awards on Depository website
1. SEBI has received feedback from investor associations regarding improving transparency in disclosing the regulatory orders and arbitration awards issued by depositories. Based on the feedback and inputs received from them, in the interest of investors and to improve transparency; all regulatory orders i.e., orders against listed companies, depository participants, trading / clearing members and arbitration awards issued by Depositories need to be made available to investors.
2. Accordingly, it has been decided that the Depositories shall post all their regulatory orders and arbitration awards issued since April 1, 2007, on their websites within 30 days. Further, all regulatory orders and arbitration awards as and when issued by Depositories from the date of this circular shall be posted on their website immediately.
3. The Depositories are also advised to:
a. disseminate the provisions of this circular on the website;
b. communicate to SEBI, the status of the implementation of the provisions of this circular in the Monthly Development Report;
4. For any clarification in this matter, the General Manager, Office of Investor Assistance and Education, SEBI, may be contacted at 26449610.
5. This circular is being issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and Section 19 of the Depositories Act, 1996 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
This circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in.
Deputy General Manager