EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION
(Ministry of Labour & Employment. Govt of India)
Bhavisha Nidhi Bhavan, 14, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110 066.
Subject:- Constitution of fresh panel of advocates to represent EPFO before Various Legal Fora — Regarding
Please refer to this office circular no. LC-9(12)CPFC Ref/Pt/3865 dated 16.5.2014 vide which comprehensive guidelines on proper handling of legal cases in field offices of EPFO were issued.
2. Attention is drawn towards Para 4(g) of circular regarding eligibility criteria for empanelment of advocates wherein it was mentioned that the eligibility of empanelment of advocates may not be less than five years.
3. The matter has been re-examined at Head office and it has been decided that in order to strengthen the defence mechanism before various legal fora, the eligibility criteria for empanelment has been revised to Ten Years for High Court/EPFAT, CAT, DCDRF, State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission , NCDRC and lower courts.
4. Accordingly, Head office has initiated the process of constitution of fresh panel of advocates to represent CBT, EPF before Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. High Court of Delhi and EPF Appellate Tribunal, New Delhi for the block year 2017-19 as per the revised criteria. A notice on 02.02.2017 in this regard has been hosted on the official website of EPFO on http:,’,www.epfindia.com.site_docs PDFs/Updates Empanelment _Advocate HO 2017.pdf wherein criteria for empanelment of advocates have been prescribed which holds good for empanelment of advocates by the field offices too.
5. Accordingly, all Zonal ACCs are requested to prepare a fresh panel of advocates for various judicial fora (viz. EPFAT, Bengaluru, CAT, various High Courts, DCDRF, SCDRC, NCDRC, Lower Courts) under their jurisdiction following the criteria prescribed by Head Office. /1 The empanelled advocates of existing panel may be informed regarding constitution of fresh panel and they may be advised to apply afresh in the prescribed Proforma (copy enclosed), if they wish to be included in the fresh panel to be constituted. It may also be clarified to the concerned Advocates that being in the existing panel of EPFO for various judicial fora does not bestow any right or claim for selection in the fresh panel of Advocates to be constituted as per the revised criteria.
6. It must be ensured that only the competent and capable advocates are empanelled for defending the cases on behalf of CBT, EPF in all legal fora. A three-member selection committee may be formed to screen and interact with the eligible applicant advocates to assess suitability for empanelment of Advocates for various courts as follows.
(1) A retired High Court Judge from the concerned state/zone
(2) Legal Advisor of EPFO
(3) Zonal ACC (Convenor)
7. This may please be given top priority.
(This issues with the approval of CPFC)
Addl. Central P.F Commissioner (Legal)
Enclosure:- As above
NOTICE INVITING APPLICATIONS FOR EMPANELMENT OF ADVOCATES
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), on behalf of the Central Board, Employees’ Provident Funds, a statutory body of the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India, proposes to engage Panel Counsel(s) to represent the Central Board, EPF before Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court and Employees’ Provident Funds Appellate Tribunal, New Delhi.
The practicing advocates who are registered with Bar Council of India /State Bar Council are eligible for empanelment. The qualification, experience, schedule of fees, other terms and conditions and the application format in which the application has to be made, have been prescribed.
The Advocates who are on the existing panel of EPFO shall cease to be on the panel of EPFO after new panel is finalized against this notice. Therefore, they may also apply afresh in response to this notice.
Eligible practicing advocate must submit application in the format prescribed in Annexure “A” and Annexure ‘B” enclosed herewith, along with all supporting documents in a sealed envelope to :-
Regional Provident Fund Commissioner-1 (Legal),
Head Office, Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation,
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan,
14 Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi 110066.
Telephone:- -01126175107, 26175106
The envelope should be superscribed as following:-
“Application for Empanelment of Advocate for Supreme Court/High Court, Delhi/EPF Appellate Tribunal, Delhi”
The last date of receiving Applications in the prescribed format along with supporting documents is 03rd March, 2017 till 16.00 hours.