MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 16th May, 2019
G.S.R. 368(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the second proviso to sub-section (1), subsection (4), clause (f) of sub-section (6) of section 149, sub-sections (3) and (4) of section 150, section 151, sub-section (5) of section 152, section 153, section 154, section 157, section 160, sub-section (1) of section 168 and section 170 read with section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Second Amendment Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, after rule 12A, the following rule shall be inserted, namely:-
‘12B. Directors of company required to file e-form ACTIVE.-
(1) Where a company governed by Rule 25A of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014, fails to file the e-form ACTIVE within the period specified therein, the Director Identification Number (DIN) allotted to its existing directors, shall be marked as “Director
of ACTIVE non-compliant company”.
(2) Where the DIN of a director has been marked as “Director of ACTIVE non-compliant company”, such director shall take all necessary steps to ensure that all companies governed by rule 25A of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014, where such director has been so appointed, file e-form ACTIVE.
(3) After all the companies referred to in sub-rule (2) file the e-form ACTIVE, the DIN of such director shall be marked as “Director of ACTIVE compliant company”.’.
[F. No. 1/22/2013-CL-V]
K. V. R. MURTY, Jt. Secy.